5• Meaningless

First block is always boring. I don't connect with any of these people, they're all (1) too focused or (2) checking people out. I don't give a fuck about what half the school is worried about. I'm out here doing me.

"Yo, you got a pencil?" A guy beside me asked.

This the same nigga from last year that was talking hella shit about me.

"No nigga! I don't, what I look like? Dumbass nigga who the fuck-"

"Ok! Bitch I asked a simple question!" He got loud.

"Don't act brand new like you ain't never seen me before. Next time let me know when you or yo dusty ass niggas talk shit. I got something for all y'all." I went back to my warm up.

He turned back to his work and the class stared at us. Hate when people act like they ain't never did stupid slick shit.

"Fuck y'all looking at?!" He yelled at the class. Everyone started whispering and turned away.

lunch •
• 11:58 a.m •

   Alright Steffy. There he is, sitting in that same spot. Just sit across from him and make convo. Ray will understand.

"Whatchu thinkin' bout Bae?" Ray crept up behind me.

I jumped. "What did I tell you about creepin' up on me like that Raymond?! Ugh!!!"

He kissed my cheek and sat down with his lunch. "You'll be alright. Have you spoke to that dude?"

"Yeah this morning. His name is Jamal but he wants me to call him Steez."

"That's it?" He bit into his baked potato.

"Mhm, pretty much. Oh! And I gave him my number."

He spat his baked potato out. "Huh?"

"That poor fucking potato. Ray!!!"

"Fuck the potato! You what?!" He slammed the potato down on his tray.

"I...I gave him my number. What's wrong with th-"

Raymond's POV

   Look, I know I can't get mad. Steffy isn't mine but no one knows her like I do and for her to be so blind and give a random nigga her number is crazy in my opinion.
Steffy has let so many people hurt her and I feel like it's my job to protect her since she can't protect herself. I'm not jealous nor am I possessive but seeing Steffy hurt is something I will not take lightly.

"Everything is wrong with that! Stephanie, I'm sorry but you do some of the stupidest shit..." I shook my head and scoffed.

She looked hurt. "I'm sorry."

I lowered my voice. "Nah, it's cool. You're not even mine for me to get mad. I'm just your friend right?"

"Don't say it like that. You're more than just my friend. Raymond are you Jealous?!"

I chuckled. "Am I jealous. Steffy you don't see it. You're so gullible...and so...just meaningless."

She looked shocked and didn't have anything to say. I got up, dumped my tray and went to class.

End of Raymond's POV

I couldn't believe it. I've never, ever seen him like this. I'm not gonna lie, every word felt like a bullet and I feel like nothing. Someone so close to me just called me meaningless.
Insults from Raymond usually don't phase me but this time he was serious and it's tearing me apart. I held in my tears as Steez walked up to me.

"It's ok."

He embraced me and I let my tears fall.