When I'm basically done crying we both sit down at the kitchen table. "Mom I can't tell you" I say my voice cracking. My mom grabs my hand and looks me in the eye "honey, this is about Jake isn't it?" She asks. She probably thinks I'm crying because he doesn't like me or something pathetic like that. "Kind of" I tell her and she nods "I'm not going to force you to talk about it, but honey I'm right here and I always will be, you know you can talk to me about anything" she says giving me a small smile "I know I can. Can I just wait for the cookies though?" I ask stalling for time to think about what I'll say. I can't tell her the truth. I can't tell her about what happened, what's happening. She won't understand, she'll be worried sick, and she'll try to call the cops, all of which will only make the situation worse.

So we talk about school and unimportant stuff until the fresh cookies and hot chocolate is finished. She slides the cookies onto a plate and it piles sky high. But what? how? I ate half the batch right? Well Mom always makes a triple batch so that when I'm finished eating the dough, there's still plenty left. After pouring the hot cocoa into two mugs, she piles as much whip cream as the mugs can hold. Then she sets them down on the table and I immediately dig in biting into the most heavenly thing I've ever eaten. The cookie slightly crisped on the outside but the inside is soft and chewy. It's so amazingly Heaven like. I moan at the beautiful taste and my mom laughs "you ready to talk about it honey?" She asks. I swallow my cookie bite. Here goes nothing.

"Okay so here's the thing. Ever since Jake moved in next door, I've had this creepy feeling that I've been being watched, even when my blinds are closed. And every time I think of Jake, I get this weird, creeped out feeling, I don't trust him, at all, and now he's dating my best friend and she won't listen to a single word of my advice about him. And I've just been so stressed out because I failed my math test, and tomorrow I'm getting hooked up to a lie detecter test and Jake gets to ask me ten questions." I tell Mom. There, I told her the truth, I just didn't tell her the whole truth. "You're doing what tomorrow?" She asks bewildered. "It's a project from school for making up a fake introduction of Jake" I tell her "well who's the teacher making you do this? He can't be allowed to" she says standing up "he told Jake and I yesterday that the school board allowed it" I tell her and she sits back down "you know it's impossible to change the board's minds" I tell her and its true. No parent has ever been able to make them rethink their decision. What they say goes. "Well I can be there with you if you want" she says. I give her hand a squeeze "I think I'll be okay" I tell her, but I'm not so sure. "Now about the whole Abigail dating Jake, I really think it's up to Abigail to make her own mistakes. You aren't her mother, you can't tell her who she can and can't date, that's only going to make her resent you, even if only a little. You've just got to let her do her thing and find out for herself that Jake is not a good guy okay? You just make sure you're there with her standing by her side and supporting her the whole time" Mom tells me. I swear she's like the smartest girl alive, she's got so much knowledge and advice up in that noggin of hers. Haha noggin, I sound like a seventy year old. I nod and smile "thank you Mom, have I ever told you you're the best?" I ask "oh a few times here and there, but it's always nice to hear" she says flipping her hair dramatically we both laugh.

Mom watches me for a moment, a contemplative look on her face. "What's on your mind?" I ask, taking a bite of the cookies.

She curls her lips over to the side, clearly thinking deeply about whatever she's thinking about. She leans forward, setting her elbows on the counter "what makes you so sure that Jake's a bad guy?" She inquires.

I can't help but laugh a little, a silly question to me because of everything I know. "Mom trust me, there's no question that he's a bad guy okay? I know for a fact" I assure her.

Mom sighs lightly, looking almost disappointed. "Just remember that things aren't always as they seem" she reminds me, smiling at me.

I think about what she said for a moment, but I don't really agree. This was one thing I didn't have to worry about not being sure of. He literally straight out told me.

The subject changes and we begin talking about whatever comes to mind.

We stay like this, drinking hot cocoa and eating cookies as we talk about anything and everything for about two hours. Somehow during this whole time my sick feeling, reeling mind, and heavy weight has been lifted and non existent. Man I love my mom.

➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖

Random filler chapter, I apologize. But I want to show you that Bethany and her mom Brenda are really close, they're like super duper close. Anyways, that song above, Guardian Angel-Leah West really gets me every time I listen to it. I'm not an emotional person, I rarely ever cry, like ever, but this song gets me every time because it reminds me so much of my amazing mother.

Please comment, read, vote, and promote!!!