Chapter 41: Fugitives

Mia's POV
Bri and I walked into the church that morning. We wore regular clothes because after we get married, we're going to get my brother.
"You must be Mr. O'Connor. From my understanding, you two are to be wed today." The priest states with a smile. Brian chuckles and says, "Uh, yea. We are getting married today. And thank you for doing this on such short notice."
The priest smiles and replies, "Please, it's no problem, really."
I smile and the priest asks us to join hands. Brian and I went straight to our vows.
"I, Mia Toretto, take you, Brian, to be my husband. I vow to always be by your side through sickness and in health. For rich or for poorer, until the day we part. I promise that I'll love you with everything I have, for all eternity."
"I, Brian O'Connor, take you, Mia, to be my wife. I vow to always be by your side through anything life throws at you. I promise to love you for all of eternity. Through sickness and in health. For rich or for poorer, until the day we part."
"Are their rings?" Father asks. "We don't need rings." I state with a smile. Father grins and says, "So be it. By the power vested in me, and the state of California, I now pronounce you husband and wife."
I stare into Brian's eyes and think to myself, he was always my home.
"You may kiss the bride." The priest announces. Bri then grabs my face and kisses me gently, as if I'll break. We pull apart and thank the priest after he gives us our marriage license. This was definitely one of the best mornings of my life.
Now, it's time to get Dom...

Nobody's POV
Dom walked into the prison bus and sat down in the back. It took about 10 minutes to get all of the criminals on the bus. The bus was then on the road, on its way to Lompoc.
There was a distant sound of racing engines and Dom furred his brows and then smirked. He recognized the hum of his Charger.
Within a few seconds, Brian flipped the prison bus and grabbed Dom. What a great way to get freedom, right?

"Here's what we know so far. This is all the aftermath of a daring, daylight breakout. There were 26 high-risk inmates being transferred..."
Only missing fugitive: Dominic Toretto.
"A daring midday breakout where everyone on board has been accounted for, except for one, Dominic Toretto."
Former Federal Agent Suspected In Breakout.
"Police have just released the identity of the man they believe to have orchestrated the shocking escape that amazingly resulted in no fatalities this afternoon. He is former federal agent, Brian O'Connor."

Jaelene turned on the t.v. as the male reporter exclaimed the breaking news. All she could do was chuckle and shake her head. "I am not getting him out of this one."
"Oh you will, just not right now." Brandon states as he walks in the room, putting on a plad shirt over his white t-shirt. Jae looks over at him, "I hate you." she exclaims, knowing that he's right. No matter how much she wants to stay away and let her big brother fight his own battles, she just wants to protect him by all means necessary.
"Yeah, I love you too, ya big baby." Brandon chuckles out.

Prison Break: Law Enforcement Currently Conducting Nationwide Manhunt For Fugitives.
"A fierce manhunt is underway for three fugitives tonight. Multiple federal and local agencies have joined forces in search for Dominic Toretto and his accomplices Brian O'Connor and Mia Toretto."
"But despite every eye in the country looking for them where Toretto and O'Connor are now is anyone's guess."

Brian's POV
After breaking Dom out, he ran with Leo and Santos. Mia and I went our separate ways from them because we knew we might be followed.
Mia and I headed to Brazil. It honestly was a beautiful scene, the way the houses were built on top of the mountains, watching down on the town below.
I parked the car and Mia and I got out.
"It's got to be it, right?" Mia asks. See, we were in Brazil looking for an old friend, well, my acquaintance.
As we walked up the stairs to to front door, men from all directions can out, cocking their guns and crowding around Mia and I.
"Let's get out of here." I say. "Whoa, whoa. Fácil, amigos. Ela está conmigo. *Portuguese* (Easy, friends. She's with me." The familiar voice yelled out. Mia and I turned around and smiled.
"Mia." He laughed and Mia went up to him and threw her arms around his neck as she said happily, "Vince."
Vince picked her up in a hug and placed her pack on her feet. He turned to me and said, "Buster." I smirked and he continued, "Come on."
Mia smiled at me and nodded her head to follow. As we walked up the side of the house, I asked, "Is Dom here yet?"
"No." Vince said. "When was the last time you heard from him?" Mia asked.
"A couple of weeks ago. Up in Ecuador somewhere." Vince replied. Mia turned to me and gave me a worried look as we walked.
"How does it feel?" Vince asked and I asked in return, "What's that?"
Vince grinned as he said, "To be on the other side of a wanted poster?"
I smirked, but ignored his question as Mia looked my way again, even more worried.
"He'll show up." I say softly and my wife replied, "Yeah."

Nobody's POV
Mia and Brian ate their dinner like they haven't eaten in days. Well they didn't eat for 1 day.
"Dom's?" Vince's wife asks while holding their son. "Yeah." Vince replies softly, giving Mia and Brian a sorrowful look.
After they finished eating, Mia went to help Rosa in the kitchen. Mia held the baby as Rosa cleaned the dishes, but as soon as the baby started to get fussy, Rosa said, "Hora de it paragraph a cama, mi niño. (Time for bed little one.)"
Mia awed and asked, "Posso trazę-lo? (Can I bring him?)"
"Claro. (Of course.)" Rosa said as she dried her hands and guided Mia into the hall way.
"Goodnight." Vince tells his son and Rosa as the appear in the hallway with Mia. Brian stares at his wife with adoration, thinking to himself that she will be an amazing mother someday. Mia smiles at her husband and walks into the room with the baby and rocks him to calm him down. She then lays him down in his crib and stands up straight, watching him smile and wave to her. Suddenly her smile drops and she rushes out of the room saying, "Com licença, desculpe. (Excuse me, sorry.)"
Brian looks at Vince's arm, noticing the scar from when he got caught on the truck by the wire.
"Why Rio, Vince?" Brian asks as Vince took a sip of his beer. After he swollowed, he sighed and said, "You mean after you screwed everything up in LA?"
Vince shook his head as he continued, "Ended up free-falling through South America, you know, hitting every hellhole on the way down. Would have kept on going if not for Rosa."
Brian nodded because he kind of understood what that was like.
After emptying her stomach, Mia flushed the toilet and turned on the faucet and washed her hands with cold water. She forgot that she didn't shut the door and after she rise her mouth and looked up, she saw Rosa standing their with a knowing and concerned look. She asked, "Ele sabe? (Does he know?)" Mia shook her head. She wasn't ready, with everything going on, to tell him. Rosa gave her a comforting smile as she understood, this was every woman's terrifying yet graceful truth.
Mia made her way over to the boys and smiled when Brian looked up.
"So, listen. There's a job coming up. I was hoping Dom was going to be here by now but this one is clean enough we can do it without him." Vince states. Brian and Mia didn't really want to be involved in anymore than they already are. But, then again, this is the life the chose over the last 6 years.
Vince saw the look on their faces, but continued, "It's a good gig. Couple of high-end cars, easy targets. Guy I know is putting together a team to swipe them. Just need a few more willing bodies."
Brian knows that Vince is dragging them down the hole like he did the first time.
"I don't know." Brian states uncomfortably and drinks his beer.
"Look, the way the car scene is down here we can unload them quick and get top dollar. It's easy money. And from where I'm sitting, it looks like you both could use a payday." Vince finishes. Brian knows there's more to it then just the cars, but he keeps his mouth shut. The only thing Brian cares about is his wife and how he'll do anything to make her happy and keep her safe.