Chapter 15: Mr. Roman Pearce

Jaelene's POV
The next morning, Bilkins, Brian and I went to Barstow speedway to see Roman. Brian explained the plan to take down Carter Verone. We watched car number 68 and Bilkins asked, "That's your boy in the Monte Carlo?" Brian and I both nodded and said, "Yeah, that's him."
"Yeah, he's got some skills." Brian states. "And he's crazy as hell, I'm telling ya."
Bilkins then looks at Brian in a weird way, so I say, "In a good way though. He's the man for the job."
"He's got quite a record, including three years upstate. Says here he's on house arrest now. Can't go more than 100 yards from his home." Bilkins states confused. All three of us then watched as Roman took out every car in the rink and won.
"He always said he'd be famous." Brian jokes. I giggle and say, "Let's go have a chat with this boy."
We walk down from the stadium and then walked to Roman.
"Pearce! Roman Pearce!" Brian yells, but Roman kept walking like he didn't hear a thing.
Brian then turns around and says, "Yo, whatever happens next, just let it go."
"I ain't in it." Bilkins says while putting his hands up in surrender.
I laugh and stick my arm out to Bilkins and say, "I think you might wanna take a step back for this."
"Is it that bad?" Bilkins asks and I rely, "Oh, Yeah."
Brian then whistles and yells, "Rome!"
Roman then turns around and says, "Only my homeboys call be Rome, pig!"
"I'm not a cop anymore, bro." Brian states.
Roman then starts walking towards Brian and asks, "Is that true? Blondie here's not a cop anymore?"
"That's right. No badge." Bilkins states.
Out of nowhere, Rome then punches Brian and the two start wrestling.
"Whoo!" Bilkins yells and I say, "Here we go."
Bilkins and I start laughing as Brian yelled to Roman, "You still fight like shit! You still fight like --"
Brian grunted as Roman punched Brian in his side.
"You better chill." Brian says.
Roman was now sitting on top of Brian as he asked, "What the hell are you doing here O'Connor?"
"I'll choke you!" Brian exclaims as he ignored Romans question.
"I told you to stay away from--" Roman started but the get punched by Brian.
Bilkins and I sat down and started eating popcorn like we were at a movie.
"You should've told me. I did three years, Brian." Roman yelled as he was put in a head lock by my brother and Brian yelled back, "I told you it wasn't my fault."
The boys then stopped and let go of each other and Roman asked again, "Why did you come here, O'Connor?"
"I got a deal for you." Brian states breathing heavily.
"When I needed your ass, you were nowhere to be found. Now you tryna' hand out deals?" Roman asks.
The boys then get up and Brian says, "I need you to come to Miami and drive with me. If you do, they'll take off that anklet and they'll clear your entire record."
"I did three years in jail. Three years in jail off you, Brian. I know you better than you think." Roman says as the boys push each other and get in each other's faces.
"Maybe you don't. Maybe you don't." Brian exclaims.
Roman and Brian then walk over towards us and Bilkins asks, "You guys finished?"
"This deal legit?" Roman asks Bilkins and he responds, "That's right, if you do this job for us."
"Told you!" Brian says like a little kid and Roman yells, "Shut up, punk."
"So you gonna clean my record and get this thing of my ankle?" Roman asks.
Bilkins nods and says, "That's right. I thought you couldn't wander more than 100 yards from your home."
"Why you think I'm parked so close to the derby?" Roman exclaims.
"Man, quit playin' like you gonna pass this up." Brian says smirking.
Roman thought for a second and then agreed that he was gonna do the job. I was surprised that Roman didn't acknowledge me. After all, I am his close friend.
"Thanks for the acknowledgement Ro! I missed you too." I say sarcastically while looking at Roman with my arms crossed.
Roman turned around and said, "My, my, my. Hello, sexy!"
I giggle and say, "I think that you might wanna think about who I am before you call me that."
I then then walk over to Brian and smirk. Roman then starts putting the pieces together as he mumbles, "Some blonde hair, blue eyes, same smiles... Jaelene?"
"Hey Rome. Miss me?" I say smirking. Roman and I then hug and laugh a s we catch up.
"Damn I haven't seen you since you were 11! How old are you now, cause let me tell you, that you are lookin mighty fine." Roman flirts.
I start to giggle as Brian becomes serious and over protective in an instant and I say, "Way to young for you, and your not my type. But thanks for the complements, they're cute!"
The next day, we headed back to Miami. Bilkins, Brian, Roman and I started to walk into the station when Roman stops.
"Hold up." Brian yells Bilkins and I.
"Hey bro, what's going on?" Brian asks Roman.
Roman then looks everywhere else but Brian as he says, "I don't know if I should be trusting you man."
I then step in to help and say, "Just think of it this way, Ro. It's an opportunity for a fresh start. Now, come on."
"I wouldn't need a fresh start if it wasn't for you, Brian." Roman said quickly.
"Man, you been using that since the day you got busted. Now let's just chill out and go do this." Brian tries to explain to Roman, but roman was being his hotheaded self, "I don't need to chill out."
"Yes you do! And you need to stop blaming me for your every mistake. And Roman Pearce needs to start taking responsibility for his own actions." Brian says a little louder.
"You need to go to hell." Roman states and Brian shoots back, "And you need to go back to Barstown." and walks in the station. That really got to Roman so he said quickly, "I ain't going back to Barstow!"
Roman and Brian then left with this woman named Monica Fuentes. Brian told me that he didn't want me in the middle of this because it was dangerous. So I was now alone in the police department. Ugh!