Chapter 11: Undercover Love✔️

(Explicit disclaimer for later this chapter...you've been warned)

Brian's POV
After leaving the garage, I went home and got ready for my date with Mia. She was coming by in a few hours to pick me up, so I had time to kill. I took a shower, got dressed, and walked aimlessly around the closed shop as I dialed my sisters number.

On the third or fourth ring she answered. "Hey Bri."
Only the voice didn't belong to her. "Hey bro, uh, is my sister there?"

"Yeah, she is...but she doesn't wanna talk to you..."

I furred my brows and asked, "What do you mean? Why not? She okay?"

"Yea, man, she's good. I had to take her to the E.R. yesterday cause she got sick over night." Brandon explained. I sighed and rolled my eyes, "Did she go outside with wet hair again?"

Brandon chuckled and replied, "Yup."

"Ever since that girl was little, she'd always get sick the next day after going outside with wet hair. You'd think she'd learn by now." I chuckled.

"Yea well you know how she is. She doesn't listen unless she feels like she has to." We shared a laugh.

"Alright. Tell her to call me when she's feeling better. And take care of her Bran." I say in the same stern voice Dom had used on me earlier. Brandon replied, "You know I will. But, when do you think you'll be done so you can come down here? She really misses you, I can tell."

"It'll be a few weeks more and then I gotta see how this ending will play out. Something bad could go wrong so I don't want to make a set in stone decision. But I'll let you know so that I can surprise her." I state in all honesty. If this case ends how I want it to, Dom will end up in jail again along with his buddies and Mia will hate me. But if this starts to go south...I don't know what I'm gonna do.

"Sounds good. Good luck Brian."

"Thanks. Tell her I love her and to feel better. Bye."

"Bye Brian."

I ended the call and put my phone in my pocket when a pair of headlights shinned through the glass and into the shop. I quickly grabbed my wallet and keys and headed out the door.

Mia got out the car and walked up to me nervously. "Hi." She said softly and lightly bit her lip. I turned after locked the door and couldn't help but look her over. Her long hair was pulled back so it was out of her face. She had a nice dress on that showed off her legs nicely and flip flops to cool off from this California heat.

"Wow. You look...amazing."

She smirked proudly, but pushed the compliment away. "Oh please. It's just a dress and flip flops."

"Nah. You're so much more than just a dress and just flip flops." I said seriously. She swallowed and blushed a little before smiling again and looking me up and down.

"You're one to talk. You don't look bad yourself."

I smirked and gazed into her eyes. "I'm not nearly as pretty as you are."

Mia snickered. "No? Well, you're one of the hottest guys I've ever seen."

"Oh really. Well who's the hottest?" I ask jokingly as I take a step closer to her. She points to her chin and looks up in thought. "Hmm. I'd have to say...Tom Welling."

"Come on! You seriously can't put my looks up against Superman's." I chuckle loudly. Mia giggles at my sudden outburst and then walks up to me and whispers in my ear, "But you come in a very close second."

Chills trickled down my spine as she quickly kisses my cheek and walks over to the passenger side. "Get in. You're driving."

I got myself together and looked at her through the windshield with a big smirk. Walking over to the driver's side, I got in and put my seatbelt on. "Ready?"