House of Apologies and House of Dreams

~~

"Look, I'm sorry, I was walking back from the loo and-," I began.

"Save it," Nina frowned, "You were eaves dropping, you obviously heard Sibuna."

"Does this mean she can join now?!" Amber jumped up excitedly, "She can help us through the mazes!"

"Amber!" Nina whisper-yelled.

"I'm glad to he-," I started.

"We don't need your help. We don't needanyone else to get stamped by Senkhara," Nina paused then realized what she had just said.

"Senkhara?!" my eyes widened, "The unknown ruler?!"

"How'd you know that?!" Alphie said still clinging to my elbow making it go numb.

I yanked away, "I can help. Really I can."

"Come on, Nina," Patricia spoke up, "She can help us."

"She can help," Fabian agreed. I raised an eyebrow at her to show her that I had backup.

"Fine," Nina concluded, "But if she gets stamped, all I'll have to say is 'sorry I warned ya.'" Nina raised her hands in surrender.

"Yay!" Amber bounced excitedly, while the others grinned.

"It's ten o' clock! You have five minutes to get to bed and then I want to hear a pin drop," Victor called from down stairs making us jump.

"Bye!" Alphie ran out the door quickly.

"Thanks, Nina," Fabian said following Alphie out the door.

"Lights out," Nina said closing the door behind the two guys and switching the lights off, "Good luck."

I looked at Amber through the dark to make out what she had said. She mouthed Senkhara. I nodded nervously and got into bed. I put the blanket over me and closed my eyes. It took me a while to actually fall asleep, but as soon as I did, it was all down hill from there.

~~

I barely sat up in my bed. I rubbed my eyes sleepily. Nina and Amber were out cold. A woman stood before me encumbered in a cape of black and her dress flowed at her feet. She was pale bringing out the black makeup she had outlining her eyes. She observed Nina and then looked at me, "You are close to the chosen one?" she said confused.

"Wha-a?" I asked half asleep.

"Take my hand child," she held out her hand, showing her palm that revealed a glowing mark.

"Why?" I asked dozing off a little.

Nina shifted, as did Amber. "Hurry!" the woman said. I shook my head. "You are stubborn!" She shouted. She grabbed me by the upper arm, almost lifting me out of my bed.

I screamed loudly waking Nina and Amber who shouted Senkhara! at about the same time. I shot up, no longer half asleep. Senkhara dissapeared, her laugh ecoing through the room after she'd gone. I clenched my arm in pain as Nina and Amber ran to my bed side. "She didn't touch youdid she?!" Nina asked kneeling by my bed.

I rolled up my shirt sleeve. I observed it closely before blurting that it was the Mark of Anubis, an ancient curse given by sorrowful souls or dead people, like the zombie, goth lady.

"How did you know that?!" Amber looked at my arm.

"I've studied Egyptian mythology," I replied.

"Okay relax," Nina said, "So you're cursed, just go back to bed and sleep. We'll discuss this with Patricia, Fabian, and Alphie tomorrow morning in private so we can show them the mark."

I nodded, "Do you have it, too?" Nina and Amber nodded and showed me theirs.

"Now that you have one you are officially part of the gang, but is there anything she said to you?" Nina continued.

"Yeah, she was all like, 'you are close to the chosen one,'" I replied, "Nina, you wouldn't happen to be the chosen one would you?"

Nina and Amber looked at each other. "No way," I looked between them, "You're the chosen one?!"

~~

Breakfast was horrible. Nina, Amber, and I all had bags under our eyes thanks to Senkhara, the goth chic who came in my dreams last night. I sat in my seat between Amber and Fabian, and whispered to Fabian here and there about what happened, while Amber looked like she was going to face dive into her English muffin. I wore a jacket over my school shirt so that my Anubis death mark wouldn't show.

"So, what is it you wanted to talk to us about?" Alphie whispered.

"Rose got marked, Lewis. Haven't you been paying attention," Patricia said thumping Alphie over the head.

"Sorry!" he whined.

"We need to talk about it in a more private environment," Fabian said grabbing his bag off his chair.

"I agree, we don't want anyone else eaves dropping," Nina retorted.

I stared her down. "It was a one time deal, Martin. I'm not going to tell anyone about Sibuna," I scoffed.

"S- what now?" Jerome walked past.

Nina glared at me. "Sp-ppa-a," I said long and slow, "Amber wants to go to the sp-p-a."

Amber nodded, "I need to get these bags taken care of."

Jerome looked at us suspiciously, "Right, good luck with your sp-p-a."

He grabbed a muffin and sat down, while I waved for us to get out as quickly as possible. Eddie had just walked into the living room, annoyed at the fact Patricia was leaving so soon, while the other girls walked down the stairs, staring at us run out the door. "Bye, Joy!" Patricia shouted.

"Bye, Mara!" Amber yelled.

We all headed toward th hill that the library sat upon, a private place to talk and have a Sibuna meeting.

"Okay!" I breathed as we got there, "So, my mark." I took of my jacket and showed them the Anubis label I had imprinted on my arm.

"Everyone show yours to her," Fabian said folding up his sleeve. Everyone had one. But what caught my eye was Nina's.

"Look at this," I said holding my arm next to hers, "My mark is in the exact same pplace as Nina's."

"Coincidence,"she said smuggly.

"No-o," I started, "Senkhara said I was close to the chosen one. Nina is the chosen one right. Maybe we are closely related or something. Maybe Senkhara was trying to make a point here or something."

We all looked at each other. "But how are you guys related?" Alphie laughed.

Nina and I looked at each other. We had a slight resemblance, same eyes. Hair was some what closely related.

"I don't know, but how ever we are (Nina shook her head and rolled her eyes), Senkhara is trying to hint to us." I said.

~~