5

The week was over. Now, it was time to face pure death. I glanced out the window as a familiar car pulled into the driveway. As he walked up the stairs to the porch, I nervously opened the door. "Welcome home (b/n)! Did you have fun?" I asked.
     "Shut it" (b/n) growled, and shoved me to the floor.
     "I-I made your favorite lunch for you. It's on the table." I said, slowly looking up at him. (B/n) glared at me, and walked into the kitchen. When (b/n) came out of the kitchen, he had a bag, a leash, a harness, and a muzzle.
     "Come on, we're going for a walk." (B/n) said. I jumped off the floor, and shifted. I wagged my tail, and waited patiently as (b/n) put the harness and muzzle on. Finally, he clipped the leash on, and dragged me out the door. I quickly began to trot next to (b/n), my tongue lolling out of my mouth.
     I think (b/n) likes me more when I'm a wolf. He doesn't hit me as much or as hard as when I'm human. Plus, he's taking me for a walk! This is awesome!
     (B/n) walks over to the park, and leads me over to a bench. He set the bag on a nearby bench, and tied my leash to the bench's leg. I laid down on the grass, and watched passing cars, people, and dogs.
     One kid walks up to me, and motions for me to come out from under the bench. I crawl forward, and pull myself up. I shake a little, grass and leaves falling out of my fur. The little kid was so tiny, he was just up to my shoulders. He pet my neck in awe, probably because there was a wolf, in the flesh, right in front of him.
     "Sir? Is this your dog? It's really pretty!" The boy asked.
     "Yeah, she's mine. She's a wolf though, not a dog." (B/n) said. The little boy gasped, and stroked my neck.
     "Why does she need a harness, muzzle, and leash?" He asked.
     "Well, wolves are stronger than most dogs, so I'm just being careful. As for the muzzle, wolves bite." (B/n) said. I licked the boy's hand, and wagged my tail.
     "But she seems really friendly," the boy said.
     "No, she's a warrior from the wild. She might go back to her old instincts and bite you." (B/n) said. I glared at him for lying.
     Sure, he found me in the woods, and sure he watched me hunt a lot, but I wouldn't bite a person. I'm half human too! I guess he has some right to call me a warrior from the wild. Like I said, I lived in the wild as a wolf, hunted a lot because I needed enough for me, and for a nearby wolf pack. They were severely injured, and they couldn't hunt. The only wolves that could hunt were elders and pups, which wasn't safe. Though, a few of those pups should be about ready to leave and start their own pack soon.
     I was a little sad to see the boy go. It was getting a little late though. (B/n) and I had spent about five hours on the walk. It was nice, we could go out like this and he didn't hit me. I'm sure he will hit me when we're home, or when I'm human again, but it was nice to be in this moment.
     The moment of pure bliss was ruined the moment I stepped inside. (B/n) yanked my tail, which triggered me to shift back. Then, he began punching, kicking, and slapping me. I could feel the future bruises already forming. (B/n) pulled out his pocket knife, and cut my arms, hands, and face. It burned, but it wasn't too painful.
     He dragged me upstairs by one of my feet. My head pounded, hitting every stair, and my back burned from the rug. Finally, (b/n) dropped my foot at the all too familiar door. I shuddered, and slowly crawled inside. (B/n) grabbed the handcuffs, and cuffed me to his desk chair. I grabbed the whip and bat, and whipped me. He swung the bat at my head, and I was out in a matter of seconds.