Jason Todd || 1

Runaway Bride.

"I can do this. I can do this." I whispered to myself as I looked at myself in the mirror. The white dress I had was able to hide all the bruises I had luckily so there was no need to explain anything to anyone.This shouldn't  be this hard should it? Getting married was something that was suppose to bring you joy. So could someone explain to me why I wasn't happy.

You knew why. You were marrying the wrong man. In your heart there was only ever room for one person but now it was to late their was no way your fiancé would ever let you leave him.

"Jay do you ever think about it?"

"Sometimes. When I can't sleep it helps me a bit." He responded looking directly at you.

"If I ever get married I want the wedding to be small you know? Large parties are so overrated." I told him with a slight blush.

"Ill do my best to remember that for the future." He said with a grin.

"Oh yeah what makes you think I'm marrying you?" I responded with a grin.

"Babe we both dig each other theres no use denying it." He said as he flexed his muscles in front of you. Giving him a small smile you rolled your eyes and kept reading your book.

("y/n) is everything okay?" A voice asked causing me to tense up

I turned to see it was Emily, bridesmaid and best friend. The only person who had told you this wedding was a bad idea constantly. 

"Yeah I'm just thinking." I responded feeling a bit tired. This was suppose to be simpler but here you were on the verge of tears once again.

"Listen I know you know how I feel about this but I'm going to ask you one last time. Are you sure you want to do this?" She asked you once again. Looking at her I knew there wasn't much of an option. 

"No" I sad immediately causing both of us to be surprised.

"No?"

"No." I say again with a bit more certainty. Emily quickly went to give me a hug. It didn't last longer than a couple seconds before she pulled away again.

"We need to go now then. He won't notice your gone until the ceremony actually begins and thats gives us enough time to at least get you on a plane to somewhere else. Metropolis? Opal city? We'll figure out the details soon." She said as she ran around the room putting some of the few belongings in a large bag.

"We have to stop at the apartment first." I told  her causing her to stop. She knew about the apartment Jason had set up before things had ended. 

"If you ever need a way out this is the place where everything will be okay." He told me pointing to the bag filled with money and everything I would need to leave the country.

"What about you? I only see one passport Jason." I told him. He quickly looked away and started to slowly pace.

"There is no more you and me okay? Its just you. And just me. I can't keep putting you in danger so this is the only way."

"Jason this doesn't have-" I had started off before getting cut off by Jason once more.

"This is where we stop (y/n), I can't keep being selfish with you." He said before quickly leaving through the window.

Looking out of the car window I  took one last breath before turning to looks at Emily.

"Ill be quick okay I just have to get the bag then ill be set." I told her trying to keep my voice as steady as possible.

"Its okay this is the right thing. The bastard can't hurt you anymore." Emily told me as managed to get out of the car with the stupid dress on.

Giving her a grimace I slowly but surely managed to get up to the apartment. Looking around I found the baseboard Jason had hid the bad and was about to quickly grab the bag to change when I heard the window open.

Standing right in front of me was none other than Jason Todd. His eyes roamed all around me and fixated on the damn dress.

"Busy day" 

"Something like that" I said as I turned around and looked through the bag to find the set of clothes. This was to much. I wasn't suppose to see Jason. I wasn't suppose to get married or let myself be treated the way I was.

Holding back my tears I continued looking through the clothes tearing the bag apart in hoped of finding them.

"There under the other floor board." Jason said quietly.

Quickly grabbing them I tore off that stupid wedding dress there and then. I could care less that Jason was right there. I needed it off and I needed it off now.

Pushing the dress down I quickly try to get the shirt on before he saw anything but to my luck he saw the rainbow of bruises scattered throughout my body.

"What the hell are those?" He asked as he took a step to me stopping me from putting the shirt back on.

"Bruise's"

"Who the hell gave them to you." He asked in a straight voice. I knew the look in his eye meant no good. This is the Jason that would go crazy the minute anything happened.

"It doesn't matter." I told him putting the shirt back on and pulling on the jeans. Zipping up the bag I threw it across my shoulder before looking at Jason.

Looking back and forth between the dress and me it suddenly clicked for Jason.

"It was your fiancé wasn't it."

Letting out a sigh I turned to answer him, "Yes okay Jason, but you dont have to do anything because one its over I'm leaving before this shit show gets worse and two you gave up any right you had to care the minute you ended it." My voice betrayed me half way and cracked causing a few  tears to drop. 

Quickly running out the apartment I jumped back into the car.

"Everything okay?"

"Not even close."

Authors note:Okay so here my first Jason one! Not sure how I feel about it I know its not very action packed, I was thinking of doing a part two. Thoughts? Comments?