Chapter 29 - Happily ever after

A/N: This is in fact the final chapter. I hope you enjoyed reading this as much as I enjoyed writing it.

Third person POV

"Why the bloody hell did I allow you to walk me down the aisle bloody frog!" England half yelled half whispered at France whilst glaring at the fact that their arms had to be linked together; feet clanking against the hard, checkered marble floor of Westminster Abbey.

"Why because I am so beautiful of course~ in fact you actually wanted to marry me, but you knew you were simply not good enough, so you settled for that big oaf in front of us." Replied France flirtily whilst nodding in the direction of America who was currently being walked down the aisle by Canada, a couple paces ahead of the two arguing men.

"That's funny, because I seem to remember turing you down when you begged me to marry you." Replied England curtly, who was now trying to yank his arm out of France's grip.

"Why you little-" at this point in time Austria started playing the organ noticeably louder. Here comes the bride hadn't really seemed suited to the marriage so instead a mix of America and England's Marukaite chikyuu was being played, which sounded slightly strange but kind of awesome on Westminster's organ. Then again this whole marriage was slightly strange but kind of awesome.

"Why did I expect them to manage to get along for at least the walk up the aisle?" Canada muttered quietly and forlornly.

"Dude it wouldn't have been right if they'd got along!" Laughed America in a not so quiet whisper. Luckily soon they made it to the altar where the Vatican city was waiting to wed them and France and Canada broke away from England and America.

England and America stood there smiling at each other like a pair of idiots, which they were, while the Vatican spoke. His speech seemed to fly by and suddenly they were at this part of the speech. "Speak now or forever hold your-"

"Don't fucking marry that fucking limey!" Yelled Tony over the minster.

"Tony you can't be against this! You're
my best man!" Yelled America at said alien. Japan, England's best man, was awkwardly trying to shuffle away from the screaming extraterrestrial being.

The Vatican City started at the little alien, looking slightly confused, clearly he had not previously noticed Tony. However he then shrugged his shoulders and decided to just keep reading his part.

The rest of the ceremony seemed to pass in a flash, the vows were beautiful, the I dos so completely unforgettable and tear jerking that practically everyone ended up crying. It has been an emotional and painful bunch of centuries waiting for these two eejits to get together so for many of them it provided much relief to see them finally tie the knot.

"Wait wait wait wait wait." Said France just before the two of them were about to throw their bouquets at a crazy looking bunch of nations. "Which one of you proposed first?" Asked the Frenchman curiously.

"Well America proposed first." Said England after a pause.

"First?" Said France confused and obviously already regretting asking. He should have known it wouldn't be simple with these two.

"Yes, and then I did, straight after." Replied England like that was a normal thing to do.

"Wait, so which of the proposals was accepted?" Said France sounding alarmed.

"Both." The newly wed couple replied in unison.

"What?!" Said France sounding alarmed and appalled. "Can't you two do anything right? That is not how proposals work! I bet it wasn't even romantic!"