Chapter 9 - Moonlight

POV England

America drags me into a clearing, his warm hand still holding mine. I stare in wonder at the secluded meadow, all of a sudden we were out of the trees and are now inside a beautiful haven of wildlife.

The meadow paradise is small but breathtaking, the atmosphere is so peaceful that it seems almost disrespectful to break it. There is a small pond in one corner containing a variety of birds and fish that I can't hope to name.

The sun shines dramatically on the meadow in contrast to the shaded trees. It brightly accents every creature, every plant making them all the more beautiful. It makes the water of the small lake gleam with beauty.

The grass in the clearing is uncut, untouched by the harsh hands of man. Each blade is a varied length although collectively it's knee length and posses a healthy green glow. Flowers peek out from behind the tall green giants dotting the meadow with a spectrum of colour.

The beauty of the place is impossible to describe in full with the limits of my language or any other for that matter. I'm rendered speechless for a couple of minutes. America grins at me, staring at me all the while, while I am awe struck by the clearings natural beauty.

"Pretty neat huh?" I just nod still too hypnotised by the meadow to respond, I do know that 'pretty neat' is a massive understatement.

"How did you find this place?"

"I came upon it quite by accident on one of my longer walks, it's my secret garden. No one knows about it as far as I can tell, you're the only person I've ever brought." I smile at him and we start setting up camp, careful not to damage any wildlife.

POV America

"America you git, you're doing it completely wrong let me do it!" Huh but this is how I've always done it whenever camping with Iggy or by myself, I think looking at the half made tent, well it must be wrong in some way if Iggy says so. I sigh, I'll never get up to his standards. No thats not how a hero thinks I will get there if it kills me!

"Ok how do you do it?" I watch Iggy intently do his method, though it doesn't seem any different than mine. Never mind it must be somehow if Iggy says it is. If I stare intently enough I'll be sure to figure out what I'm doing wrong!

"Will you stop staring at me!"

"Sorry! I'll go collect some firewood!" I say slightly flustered, I was only trying to work out what I was doing wrong!

Right time to collect some firewood! I sprint into the forest and start my epic search for dry sticks. Some are high up in the trees, but no stick is a match for me! I think determined climbing up trees and scouring the ground leaving no leaf unturned quite literally.

I return to camp with a large bundle of sticks in my arms.

"You need to collect small sticks too you git!"

"Right of course!" And with that I sprint back into the woods.

POV England

"America wait-" a second, I finish my sentence in my mind because he's already sprinted into the distance. God sometimes the criticisms I make are valid, you can't start a fire without small sticks! When I make valid complaints that I would to anyone he doesn't even look remotely bothered, but he looks completely and utterly heart broken when I make ridiculous accusations of whatever he's doing. This situation is completely tearing me apart, but I have no choice.

America returns happily with a bunch of smaller sticks, I smile at him and he starts making a fire.

"America you twat you have to do it this way not that way!" I yell at him then gently push him aside and continue doing pretty much exactly what he was doing. Though wearing a happy smile his eyes tell another story, a story of sadness. I feel like I'm breaking away a little piece of his heart away with each horrible comment, each unmeant insult.