New friends

One thing that was good so far about the college was that they didn't have to wear uniforms until the third week. So Marinette could wear the cat-bell necklace that Chat gave her and no one would care!

"Morning Marinette!" Adrian was standing there at her door when she opened it.

"Gah! What're you doing here?" Marinette exclaimed.

"Uh, waiting for my best friend to wake up? Duh. Now let's go to class!" Adrian smiled and grabbed her hand.

Marinette blushed at the sudden contact and then contracted her shoulders to put her hand on her collarbone, trying to cover the spaghetti strap top she was wearing from Adrian.

"By the way, you look cute today!" Adrian panted happily when they were on the ground floor.

"Ha, ha! You're acting like a dog!" Marinette giggled but covered her mouth when Adrian froze in place.

"A...dog." Adrian muttered.

"Sorry, what was that?" Marinette asked.

"You think...I'm a dog?" Adrian looked a quarter way behind him.

"No! I said you were kind of acting like a dog!" Marinette shook her head.

Adrian whipped around and then took the bell in his hands.

"What are you doing?" Marinette asked.

Adrian's eyes welled up with tears when he realized, she kept her promise so far. Sure it'd only been a few days but it really meant a lot.

"What's wrong?" Marinette asked when a tear rolled down Adrian's cheek.

She reached up to wipe it off but lowered her hand. However, before she could put her hand back to it's former position, Adrian grabbed it and put it on his cheek. They both blushed.

"I'm sorry." Adrian whispered, closing his eyes.

Marinette smiled and moved her thumb so the tear would stop trailing down his face.

"It's alright, Adrian." Marinette whispered back.

                                                                                          ~~~~

Marinette sat next to Adrian in the two person tables but instead of some peace and quiet a whole bunch of girls crowded around him.

"Oh my gosh! Mr. Agreste! Is that really you?" One girl asked.

Before he could answer another one spoke up. "You're so handsome! You're going to be a model right?"

"He should totally shoot with Sadie shouldn't he? They'd look so cute together!" Another one swooned, her eyes lighting up.

"Ok, ok girls, stop swarming the poor dude, you can all fangirl him in your dorm rooms later okay? Besides, I'm pretty sure that girl beside him is his girlfriend." A guy with short brown hair sighed stepping in the middle of the chaos.

"Is...that true!?" All the girls asked in unison. They turned their heads to look at Marinette.

"N-no, we've just been friends since grade 10, that's all." Marinette answered looking at the top of her desk.

All the fangirls sighed a breath of relief and started departing to their seats.

"Thanks for the save." Adrian tapped the boy on the shoulder. He turned around.

"No problem dude! Nice to meet you I'm Malcolm Swift!" The brown-haired boy smiled turning around.

"You're not from France are you?" Adrian asked putting a hand under his chin.