Food Poisoning Part 1

At the Patrick's household one day everyone was sick. Matt, Steph, and Nate were all sick and tired and throwing up every ten seconds. They later figured out that they had drunk expired milk that was expired by three days.

It was a bad day.

The next day, everyone took it really easy and drank a lot of water, and by the end of the day Matt and Steph were both fine. Nate wasn't so lucky. He kept throwing up. The humans made sure someone was always with him, just in case something was going to happen.

Nate was near the edge of the kitchen table, telling Stephanie that he was fine, really, when his vision was distorted and he felt that he was falling. He fell towards the floor as he blacked out.

Stephanie was in the kitchen with Nate, who said he was fine now. Stephanie wasn't too sure, especially when he slipped off the edge of the kitchen table and started falling. Stephanie quickly caught Nate and found Matt, who called 911.

The ambulance was fast and Matt took the ambulance to the hospital with Nate, and Stephanie drove to meet them there.

Nate woke up in a big room on a huge bed. He frantically looked around for something or someone familiar, and was relieved when he saw Matt. He opened his mouth, but was too tired to speak. "Nate, hey buddy, you okay?" Matt asked. Not trusting himself to speak, Nate shook his head as the door opened and Nate's attention was on the door. Stephanie walked in, and a minute later, a human wearing a white lab coat and holding a clipboard came in.

Matt waited by Nate, just wanting the Tiny to wake up and be okay. Matt watched as Nate woke up and looked around, panicked, and spotting Matt and proceeding to relax. "Nate, hey buddy, you okay?" Matt asked. Matt sighed as Nate shook his head. Steph came in then, followed by a doctor shortly after.

"We need to do a few tests, but we're pretty sure of what the problem is," the doctor, Doctor Morgan, said to the humans. Nate listened eagerly. "T-tests?" Nate asked. "A saliva test and a blood test," Doctor Morgan read. "You'll spit into a big tube for the first one," Stephanie attempted to make it sound fun instead of scary. "W-what's the o-other one...?" Nate asked. "I don't know. What is the other one, Matt?" Stephanie threw her husband under the bus. "They're going to take a super tiny bit of your blood, so they can try to find the problem and make you better," Matt explained, trying to make it not sound scary.

Doctor Morgan came over to Nate and sat him up straight with one hand, holding a tube bigger than both his hands in the other. "You need to fill it to there," she pointed, but Nate couldn't see it very well. He just started spitting. "A bit more...that's good. You can stop now," the doctor said after a minute. She left for a minute and came back without the tube, but with a needle. A Tiny size needle, but a needle nonetheless. There was also a small black band.

"Okay now Nate, what's going to happen is I'm going to put this around your arm, and then wait a minute and take it off. Then I'll put this needle in your arm, pull it back to here," she showed him approximately where she would stop. "Then I'll take the needle back out and get you a Band-Aid and it'll be all over," she finished explaining. "Are you left or right handed?" The doctor asked. "R-right." "Okay so we'll do this on your left arm."

"Nate are you okay?" Matt asked. Nate shook his head. Matt picked him up. "What's wrong?" Nate just looked at the human sink. Matt took him over there as Nate started throwing up. "Are you done?" Matt asked as Nate held up a finger and a bit more vomit came out. "Mhm," Nate sat down on Matt's hand. Matt took him over to the hospital bed.

"Okay," Matt put his hand down and waited for Nate to get off. Nate hesitated. "If I-I get off you're gonna g-give m-m-me a n-n-n-n-n-" Nate couldn't say the word. "We can do it on your owner's hand if that's more comfortable," the doctor offered. Nate looked at Matt. Matt nodded. "...okay..." Nate figured they were going to have to do it anyways. "Great. Let's just put this on..." the doctor put the band around Nate's left arm. After a few seconds it was taken off. "Ready?" the doctor asked. Matt started petting Nate to get him to calm down. "Y-y-yeah." The needle went in, was quickly filled, and taken out. "There! All done," the doctor put a cotton ball to Nate's arm where the needle had been for a few seconds, before removing it and placing a Band-Aid. "Nate!

You did it!" Steph said, excited. "You knows what that deserves?" "What?" Nate asked, genuinely confused as Matt put him down. "A clap and a half!" Matt and Stephanie gave Nate a clap and a half, cheering him up.

The next while was rather boring. Nate just relaxed as they waited for news. Stephanie asked Nate which was scarier-meeting Skip or what happened in the hospital. Nate decided on the hospital being scarier.