Epilogue

Elron stalked through the forest, his movements slow and steady, his eyes travelled around, watching for any sign of movement. A red glint caught his eye, but he didn't move his head. He knew that if he did they would know they had been spotted. Another rustled movement, he crouched to the ground, waiting. He looked around slowly, as if just taking a casual glance, and he saw it. A silver back, facing away from him. He crouched, then sprung from his hinding spot, landing on the silver thing in the bush. He gripped with his claws and pinned it to the ground. Squeaking came from beneath his claws.

"Daddy! Let go!" said a squeaky voice from beneath his paws.

Elron smiled and released his paws. A baby dragon was trapped between them. It shook its head. Elron laughed. He picked up the baby by its tail and put it down on its feet. It hit Elro's poor with its tail.

"That's unfair," it said.

"Unfair? Silver, Silver," said Elron shaking his head, "It's not unfair, you just keep on giving yourself away."

Silver sat down, drooping her small silver wings by her side.

"I can't help it," she said, she looked back at the silver shell on her back, "This thing keeps on giving me away."

"Well then learn to darken it," said Elron, "Like this."

The metal shell on Elron's back became a darker colour until it was almost black. Silver watched with a bored expression on her face. 

"Yeah, well, I can't do that," she said.

Elron sighed, "Come down boys! The games over now."

A grown was heard from somewhere under the bushes. Two fire hatchlings emerged from a bush. They trotted up to there father.

"But dad," one of them said, "Why can't we play just a little longer?"

Elron sighed, hatchlings could be very frustrating some times.

"Sorry Blaze, but Silver's had enough, besides, it's almost dinner time," he said.

The other fire dragon, Raize, looked up at his father with pleading eyes, "Pleeeeeaaaaassssseeee."

Elron looked down at the baby dragon, "No."

Raize narrowed his eyes at his father, then pounced. He landed right on Elron's face. Elron blinked in surprise. Blaze lept at his father's neck, bighting down on the metal. Silver joined in soon after, holding onto Elron's horns. Elron just sighed. He went cross eyed, looking at Blaze.

Suddenly he shook his head knocking all three dragons off. Blaze and Raize fell to the floor, landing with a thud. Silver fell right over Elron's snout. Elron lashed out with his mouth, catching Silver gently by the tail. He quickly grabbed Blaze and Raize with his claws, then took off into the air. Silver tried to snap at his neck, but she couldn't reach.

He landed near a cave, dropping the hatchlings at the entrance. He smelled food coming from within. He smiled. Scarlet walked out of the cave, she had the bloody remains of a dear all over her face. Elron snorted at the sight.

"You need to wash yourself," he said.

Scarlet laughed. She looked down at her hatchlings.

"Did they behave?" she asked.

"Yes," chorused the two boys.

Silver just sighed.

"Well, they decided that they would try to attack there father just before we left," he said, "but besides that they went alright."

He smiled at the hatchlings. They looked back at there mother.

"Alright, you can go inside and eat, but don't eat everything, your father is hungry to," said Scarlet.

With that they jumped for joy. The clambered over each other, trying to get to the food first. Elron smiled as they made there way into the darkness of the cave. He looked out over the vally, spotting a few other dragons flying about.

It had been three months since they managed to free the other dragons, three months since the human base was destroyed. So far everythinng had been wonderful. They hadn't even seen one human there, besides Liam.

His request had surprised Elron. He had asked to live with them, or live with the dragons. When Elron had asked him why he replied, 'I've always loved dragons. When I was a boy I used to go out and pretend to be one, flying throug the clouds. When I joined the army I didn't even know dragons exhisted, and now, they are living with us once again. If it's alright with you guys, I'd like to study you. You're likes and dislikes, daily activities, love, and everything else, then post it to the world, explaining how wonderful dragons really are.'

Elron had agreed and now he lived in the vally, hunting and writing in a little journal. Occasionally he would make his way to a nearby town, about half an hour flight away from the dragon's haven. Elron was more then happy to bring him there.

Elron looked towards Scarlet and smiled. Life was good, for now anyway, and he hoped it would never change.