Chapter 1: Hydra attack

I had my eyes closed. The wind was brushing softly against my face. I felt the rythim of the dragon below me as he beet his wings. I was laying on my back, my face upturned, and I could just imagine the landscape below me. The lush green hills and the small towns and villages that appeared as a speck in my minds eye. One of the hills caught my attention. I imagined a farm on top of the hill, along with some sheep and a field of wheat, and a friendly old farmer tending to his crops with his scythe. 

'Derrick?' said Reflamen, the dragon I was riding on, 'Did you you just create a farm atop the hill.'

I opened my eyes and sighed. My imagination sometimes really got out of hand. I rolled over on Reflamen's back and sat up, sliding myself over to his neck. I waved my hand at the farm and it suddenly disappeared. I lay back down on Reflamen's back again.

It had been two years since I had killed Oreman. Two years since I had learned the secrets of my powers. Since then there really hadn't been much I could do. I spent my first year training in swordsmanship, and now I was nearly as good as Derrick, and that was without imagining. When I did imagine I was unbeatable, even when Derrick used the Forbidden Blade, and then there were my two flame blades. I seldom used them now. If I did face an enemy to hard for me to defeat legit, I just imagined, or Reflamen swooped in a destroyed the enemy.

I had also become quite good at magic casting as well. I could cast any spell without to much trouble and do it quickly, without thinking almost. It was fun, magic casting, even though it could get very exhausting some times.

Most of my free time I spent up in the air, flying on Reflamen's back. We talked to each other a lot, and or bond had growen so close we were almost inceprable. Unfortunatly Reflamen wasn't allowed in school, so I had to leave him at home. 

The good thing was that dragons were now a common sight in Brunstown, some of the people themselves had actually become dragon riders. The council also was happy about this new way of living, but for a different reason. Dragons were a popular torrist attraction, and sometimes during the weekend I lead a few lucky people through a portal and into the other world. I got payed quite a lot of money as well, not that I needed it. I could just imaginere the money into my hand.

There were a few people were completely against the dragons, saying they would attack us someday and all that. I usually had to reasure them that they were friendly, and just as smart as humans as well. Most of the time they just snorted and left without agument, but they were getting more and more desperate. At one point they even tried to kill a dragon, but the dragon defeated them easily, without killing them of course. 

School was going alright as well. A lot of the time I missed out because of certain matters I needed to attend to, like an attack on Taknor in the other world, or interviews with news reporters, and the occasional uprising against the dragons. I was happy to oblige with helping the army of Taknor, and the news reporters weren't that bad, but they were beginning to get a bit annoying, and the dragon haters were just plain stupid. Sometimes I wish I could just kick them out of Brunstown, but I knew that wouldn't be the right thing, so I ignored it.

My imaginering had also improved. Most of the time I could imagine without having to close my eyes. I just imagined something happening, of something to suddenly appear, and it did. The only time I couldn't imagine without my eyes open was when I was in the thick of battle. That became very hard, so if I needed to I would just close my eyes and go into my imaginative state, as I like to call it, which I could get to almost as soon as I closed my eyes.

'Hey Derrick,' said Reflamen, 'A black dot is approaching.'

I rolled over and sat up. I spotted the black dot in the distance.