A big Step

Simon

Baz went over to visit his family again. Every time he comes back he looks more beaten down then before. I miss him like heck when he leaves. But it hurts me even more to see him cry.

But today its different. He comes home with tears in his eyes, and with out anything; no eye contact, hug, kiss, or anything to even acknowledge me, he walk to the couch, curls into a ball, and starts bawling. Whenever Baz cries, it is usualy just a few alligator tears. I've never seen him like this before.

I walk up to the couch and set a cup of his favorite tea on the cofee table. And I curl right up next to him, rubbing circles on his back.

"Do you wanna talk about it love?"
"Not right now Snow."
He hasnt called me snow in over 3 years.
"Baz? Are you okay? What happened when you were at your parents?"
"*sniff* well, I-i a" he takes a deep breath, clears his throat and begins.
"My dad was making fun of you again Simon. And this time I couldn't just let him do it. I couldn't freaking let my father humiliate and make fun of the freaking love of my life. I couldn't let him take control of me again. I was so upset, that I started yelling back. Everything came out of him. Stuff I never even thought, that he would ever think. He was saying things like how if my mother was alive, that I wouldn't even be ruining his life. Th-that he couldn't believe that I was "pretending" to be gay after everthing I put him through. That I shouldn't be freaking dating "the enemy " and that you were too soft. And that we weren't good enough. That you were too stupid. That you didnt even love me. THAT I DIDNT EVEN LOVE YOU. and thats when i lost it. Simon, i said i never wanted to see him again. I told him that i didnt want to be part of any of their lives if the didnt accept you as a part of our family.  If they dont love you as much as i do Simon. Then they dont deserve to be in my life."

He was breathing heavy now. I tried rubbing his back again, but he winced.
"Baz?"
"Y-yes *sniff*"
"Take off your shirt."
"W-what?"
"Just do it Baz"

He lifts up his shirt to reveal a giant mark that wrapped around his shoulder down to the left side of his back.

I kissed Baz. I did something I never thought I was capable of. I left.