Chapter 10 The Beaten And The Damned

Start from the beginning

"Doing his job?! You call him hurting you and taking my laptop doing his job?!" I yelled, completely ignoring her question. My sighed sadly and looked down for a split second before putting her eyes back on the road. The rest of the ride home was silent. We walked inside the house without saying a word to each other.

Mom sat down in the living room and I started to go upstairs. "I was at my friend Jenna's house. This uniform belonged to her older brother at one point." I lied, finally answering her question before going up to my room. I slammed my door and quickly changed out of my uniform and into pajamas because why not?

 I slammed my door and quickly changed out of my uniform and into pajamas because why not?

I picked up the trousers to get my phone out of the pocket. When I reached in for my phone I found a folded up piece of paper. I furrowed my eyebrows together and kicked the uniform under the bed, just incase Ryan bursts in again. I unfolded the paper and read the note. "Give me a call sugar! -1-234-567-8910 -Gerard ;)"

I blushed at the note. Gerard must have slipped it into my pocket when we were in the art room. But why did he give me his number? I shook my head and decided to text him anyways. I had nothing better to do anyways.

"Hey it's Misty."

I sent the text and put my phone on my bed and just laid there. I didn't hear a response from Gerard so I assumed he was only messing with me. I sighed and walked downstairs for some food. Mom was still in the living room watching some soap opera, I don't care. I opened up a can of ravioli, put it in a bowl, and placed it in the microwave.

I was leaning on the wall when the devil burst through the front door, and by devil I mean Ryan. "Amanda!" His voice boomed. I shrunk in the little corner I was in. "Yes Ryan?" My mom asked. I could hear the fear in her voice. "Where is Misty? Did you bring her back here?!" He snapped. I winced at his yelling and shrunk down even further.

"Y-yes Ryan... sh-she's making a snack-" Mom barley had time to answer because he had stormed into the kitchen with his face red with anger. "YOU LITTLE BRAT!!! I SHOULD ARREST YOU!!!" He screamed. This made my heart go faster than it already was before, if that was possible. But that's what it did.

But arrest me?! I didn't break the law! "Wh-what for?" I asked as he grabbed the scruff of my shirt and held me up against the wall an inch or so off the ground. "FOR RUNNING AWAY FROM HOME AND RESISTING AN OFFICER'S ORDERS!!!" He screamed in my face. "RYAN YOU PUT MY DAUGHTER DOWN THIS INSTANT!!!

YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO DO THAT TO HER!!!" My mom screamed. "EXCUSE ME?! HAVE NO RIGHT TO ARREST SOMEONE WHO HAS BROKEN THE LAW, AMANDA?!" "NO! I MEAN WHAT YOU'RE DOING TO HER RIGHT NOW! PUT MY DAUGHTER DOWN NOW AND WHILE YOU'RE AT IT GET OUT OF MY HOUSE BECAUSE YOU AND I ARE THROUGH!"

"YOU STUPID BITCH!!! YOU DON'T EVER TELL ME HOW TO DO MY JOB!" Ryan screamed, finally dropping me but only to slap my mother across her face and she fell face down! "MOTHER!!!" I screamed. "AND I NEVER TOLD YOU THAT YOU COULD BREAK UP WITH ME!!!" He screamed, kicking her in her ribs.

"STOP IT! STOP HURTING MY MOTHER!" I tried prying him away but he turned back and punched me in the side of the head, making me fall flat on the ground. "STUPID KID! DON'T YOU DARE INTERVENE! KNOW YOUR FUCKING PLACE AND KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT!!!"

Ryan screamed at me as he kicked me in the head where he punched me. "AND AS FOR YOU!!!" He want on. He picked up my mom by her hair. "If you don't straighten things out with your daughter then I will take her from you!" He sneered. He dropped my mom and stormed out of the house.

"M-Misty?" Mom whimpered as she crawled over to me. "M-Mom. W-w-we need to l-leave." I whimpered back. "No. You need to leave." I looked at my mom like she was crazy. "What do you mean me and just me?! I-I'm not leaving you here with that crazy fuck!" I yelled, not really caring that I just swore in front of my mom.

"Listen to me, Mis. You need to pack whatever you can and get out of here. Ryan left to go on duty. I'll drop you off at your grandparents house. He can't do anything about that since they're family. Please do as I say." Mom pleaded. I really didn't want to do this. But I sucked up my pride and nodded. "Alright, I'll go pack..."