New Guys And Training Fights

Look at the amazing chibi drawing that @xenomorphius did of Quinn!

Saturday night by Panic at the disco rang through Quinn's bedroom, almost giving her a heart attack. She could still see the darkness outside her window and that confirmed it wasn't even morning. Her phone showed 5.30AM, a typical waking hour for hunters in training.

Class started at 7 AM but until then, she had to be fully awake and functioning like a human being. In thirty minutes she was ready in her black hoodie and sweatpants, hair up in a ponytail and basic makeup applied. The wound from the night before had stopped bleeding but it still hurt when touched. Before falling asleep, she had managed to wrap it in bandages so it wouldn't get more infected or open during the night and bleed all over.

Her room was small enough to fit only on bed and a wardrobe inside. Quinn had specially requested an individual bedroom. She didn't get along with any of the other students and putting her to share a room with other girls would eventually end in a fight and broken bones. The clan's leader knew this and made sure to always have an individual room for her.

Once Quinn was done with her morning routine, she headed to the main dinning room for breakfast, the buffet was already served and many students and other members of the clan lined up to get their food.

Taking a dish, she loaded it with three strips of bacon, two eggs, three toasts and two bananas. On a smaller bowl she filled fruit with chocolate sauce all over it and in her other hand managed to fit a cup of coffee and a glass of orange juice. Breakfast was the most important meal, after all.

As hunters, and a higher species than humans, they needed more food in their bodies. Most Hunters had only half of what Quinn had in her plate and she often got told off about it but it didn't stop her from doing it again.

Quinn balanced the plates and drinks in her hands and walked to a lonely table for two to eat her food. The headphones in her pocket were plugged in her ears as soon as she sat down to avoid being bothered.

The normal weekend consisted of Theory and History lessons until 11 am. After lunch, a series of drills ran for two hours until they were sent to the nearest forest to simulate a hunt, which happened to be behind the hotel. Just thinking about all the mental and physical effort made some want to drop dead.

Quinn was already in her seat in the improvised classroom, when the teacher walked in. The man was tall and well built, with grey hair at the side of the modern haircut, imitating Mr. Fantastic from the fantastic four. He left two thick books on his table before writing the week's topic on the mobile board.

"Creatures from Hell: hell-hounds." He read from the board. "What do we know about them?"

"They look like bears!" One of the students from the back said. The teacher chuckled and clapped his hands together.

"Not exactly. They are as big as bears, yes. Also really hairy, but their heads resemble more of that of a wolf." He rested against the front of his table and looked at the girl sitting on my left, "What else, Miss Lorne?"

She shook her head looking down at her bock as if it was suddenly extremely interesting. The teacher scanned the room for his next choice when a voice from the back cut the silence.

"They can't be wounded by any normal weapons."

"That's a correct! Mr...?"

"Williams, Hunter Williams." All the heads including Quinn's turned to look at the new kid with the amusing name.

The boy had light copper hair of the colour of the sunset and freckles wildly scattered around his face. He looked at the teacher but smiled timidly at the class when the eyes turned on him.