Silver Bullets And A Clan of Rouges

Quinn's mind couldn't stop replaying the dream from the night before and the feeling of burnt that she got during lunch. It was unusual but she couldn't but think that there was something weird happening in Crystal Lake City, something weirder than usual.

She sat through the next two classes but didn't pay attention to anybody, her mind was lost in thoughts. She noticed the students avoiding the seats next to her and smiled, satisfied that her resting bitch face - that she had perfected through the years - was finally paying off.

When the day finished, Quinn took her time to pack up and leave her last classroom. Fighting for an exit with two thousand plus students was not on her agenda for the day. By the time she stepped out of the classroom, the halls were empty.

She took her time walking through the large school, observing the place at the same time. The posters on the walls were something she didn't have in her last high school. The teachers there had a weird rule about keeping the walls clean.

Here, every inch and every corner had a different piece of paper promoting a club or event. A big blue poster with stars and fancy fonts caught her attention.

The prom.

This was her last year of high school and the only chance she got to attend one. Her mother had already tried to sign her up for the one at her last high school but Quinn wasn't going to give in. Yes, it would be great to feel like a normal girl for only one night, maybe get a date and have her mother pamper her up like doll. Unfortunately, evil never rested, therefore she didn't either.

The theme was angels and demons. It was so ironic that it made her laugh.

"What's funny?" A voice put a stop to her thoughts and she turned to see the student at her side.

The girl was familiar, her pale blond hair was braided on one side, tied up with a hair tie with small feathers hanging from it. Her mind clicked when she saw the feathers, she was the girl from the forest.

"Seriously, whats funny? Is it the spelling? I spent four hours making that poster and it would be a waste of my time if something was spelled wrong, I just printed two hundred more of those."

"No, it's all right. Did you choose the theme?" Quinn asked hoping that the huntress next to her would get the joke.

"Kind of, it was between that or seventies fashion, and I hate the seventies." She crossed her arms and tilted her head to get a better view of her hard work. "Is it too blue?"

When Quinn didn't answer, the girl turned to look at her. "You're new." She stated.

"What gave it away?"

"School finished twenty minutes ago and you're still here. Also, I saw your file in administration." The girl, Ash, reached down to the posters that Quinn hadn't seen her leave on the ground and picked them up. She walked half a meter away and inspected the opposite wall before stapling another poster on it.

"So, you moved here with your family? There's quite a lot of new students for one day." Ash continued. Quinn kept quiet, observing the girl move along the wall. "You're staying at the Baltimore hotel?"

"How do you know that?"

"Your file."

"My parents got a temporary job in this area." She repeated the phrase they had taught all the kids from the clan.

Ash nodded and didn't say anything else. Quinn decided to use the moment to ask her own questions. "So, how many of you is there? Just two? Or did you come with a clan?"

The blond stiffened and slowly turned her head to look at Quinn. Her eyes narrowed and her muscles tightened, ready to fly the scene if necessary. With inhuman speed, she turned around ready to move but Quinn's hand snapped faster, capturing her wrist and pulling her back.