Bear Demons and Drunk Idiots

The enormous bear-like creature sniffed the air with its head high. Its wild eyes scanned the woods, passing dangerously close to the crouching figure hidden between two bushes. She was breathing heavily, with one hand over her mouth and nose trying to minimize the sounds, the other holding a blade close to her. 

All her training was based on control, control over her body and the environment. Her trainer would tell her to assess the situation. Main routes of escape would be a priority and then came planning the action. If she took the beast by surprise she could plunge her sword into its back, or she could slip through its fur and it would be her demise.

He would tell her something else, something about assessing the opponent itself and taking notes of all the weak points and dangers. Unfortunately, she would never listen for so long, she acted on instinct and no logical task would beat that.

When the beast returned to its fours she jumped from the bushes rolling on the ground before ending two feet from its back. Her hand was already working with the acquired motion slashing the rough skin of the creature. Although the fir made it look soft and penetrable, the truth lied hidden beneath and a hell-beast's skin was almost in penetrable, just almost.

The hellhound growled in pain, alerting all the birds of the perimeter, the girl jumped back barely missing one of its claws. She could feel its next movement, it was something like a sixth sense that always reminded her of spider-man.

Her next instinct was to run and the beast followed. She avoided the branches and the sudden trees in her path with an inhuman agility fitted for a demon huntress. The wind caressed her rosy skin as she pushed her muscles to move faster. To a human, she would have looked like a blur but for the hellhound, she was merely keeping some distance ahead.

A cabin appeared on her path and without thinking she bolted in through the open door. The furniture was broken in pieces and the once cozy cabin looked now like a dumpster. It was silent inside, cold and eerie. Again, she got a bad feeling from it. Her sense told her there was someone, no, something else in there.

The hound didn't take long to appear after her tracks but it wasn't only one anymore, at some point during her run a second hound had joined it. She expected a fight between the two beasts for the food a.k.a. her, but that didn't happen. Both had their blood red eyes focused on her as if they worked together.

"You've gotta be kidding," She said before sprinted for the nearest room. There was an old worn bed near one wall and glass fragments everywhere. The windows were broken but iron bars blocked her only escape route.

The two beasts fought for the privilege of stepping first in the room were their pray stood, Quinn took the time to recount her weapons. Her two twin blades still hung at her back, a smaller blade was tucked into one of her boots and as the last resource, a silver bomb was hidden in her jacket. All her weapons were made of silver that was the only material that could cut through a demon's skin.

After grunting and pushing, the smallest hound managed to enter the room, followed after by the bigger one who tore a hole on the wall, taking the frame of the door with it. The beast shook its for and the frame fell to the ground breaking into long pieces. The smaller hound jumped across the room but Quinn rolled underneath it, stopping in the middle of the bedroom.

Now she found herself in a worse position, trapped between two hounds. They both snarled and showed their yellow teeth in a menacing gesture while Quinn finally took out both blades in a swift movement. Her smile grew wider when she caught a glimpse of fear in their crazy eyes.

"Let's dance, darlings!" At the sound of her voice, both beats lunged forward. Quinn spun and slashed skin, the blade passing smoothly through the hound's skin. The other one passed close to her, managing to drag its sharp claws along her left arm.