Chapter 33

I sat in my bed thinking about how my life took a huge turn and I never thought that Demon's even existed and look now I am the queen in this world.

A responsibility that I am not really aware of. I don't know how this world works but I already feel like I belong here. I still remember how my parents used to tell me stories about a place similar to this one.

He told me once that there is a place far away from here where the sun doesn't shine, the moon never arrives. I always liked listening those stories. But now that I have actually seen this world I feel like it's my home.

I heard a knock on the door and the door opened to reveal Samantha standing there.

"Hey sweetheart, would you mind if I join you?" She asked me from the doorway and I smiled at her.

"Of course not, I am getting bored here anyways." I told her as I stood up from the bed.she walked a bit inside and the said.

"Then maybe we should take a walk around the castle. There are many places where you can go in your free time." She told me excitedly and I nodded my head at her.

"Sure I'd love to go see those hidden treasures. " we both laughed and made our way out of the room. We were walking through the same hallway that would take us to the grand staircase when I saw those painting's again. I was curious to know the history of this world.

" Samantha, do you know all these people?"  I pointed towards the paintings and she stopped walking amd looked at them.

"Oh these are the ancestors of the Demon world." She said and then walked closer to the very first painting.  A tall man stood with his beautiful wife and the woman wore the same dress that I wore yesterday. So it is true about the dress being passed down from generations.

"This is the very first Demon King and Queen and the great grandfather of my husband." I nodded and then she walked ahead on the second picture.

"This is his older son who becane the next king and is the grandfather of my husband."  She was about to go onto the next pictures but suddenly turned to me.

" Remember dear I told you about a girl wearing the same dress but got burnt because she wasn't his true love?" She asked me and i nodded my head.

"That man was the second child of the first king he was the one who forced himself upon his loved once who was just a small little girl. And when she died of being raped mercilessly by the man she cursed the demon's of not finding their loved ones until the age of eighteen." I gasped as she told me this I heard about this from Aiden before but I never knew it was this man.

"Aiden told me about that once and he said that she was a human." I told her while he walked onto the next picture.

"Oh no dear she wasn't just human, she was half Demon." She correct me and then told e about the next man who is the father of Aiden's grandfather. While she showed me the rest of the pictures my mind was preoccupied by this man. How could he do this to such a small girl? I was curious to what happened with that man.

"..and this is Aiden's father and in a few days there will be a picture of you two." She seemed so hapy to tell me about all these generations.

"Samantha?" I tried to get back her attention.

"Yes dear."she said and turned back to me.

"What happened to that man ?"

"I don't remember exactly but I think he ran from here but when my ceremony was done and I became the Queen I heard that people saw him in the witch forest amd that was the last time I ever heard about him nobody saw him after that." She said and then motioned me to walk along.

"You mean there were really witches living in that forest?" I asked her with a frightened look and she started giggling.

"Yes dear they became extinct now but I believe the couple of them who survived still live there hidden in that forest." She said and then stopped walking when we reached in front of a big door which was at the end of the hallway.

"Look what I have for you." She beamed at me with excitement and opened the door to reveal a huge, really huge library lined with possibly thousands of books.

"Oh my god. This is...amazing." I walked inside and took a look around the huge room. All the walls covered with book shelfs. 

"You know what is the most mysterious thing about this? There is a possibility that in this huge library exists a magical book that can tell you the answer to your every question

"You know what is the most mysterious thing about this? There is a possibility that in this huge library exists a magical book that can tell you the answer to your every question." Samantha casually said as she walked around.

If this is true then I think I found my self a new aim. Find that book and know what happened to my parents. If this book is in here then I have to find it.

"Oh honey I think Aiden must be coming back soon we should go down now." Samantha walked over to me and I nodded my head.
I took a last look around before I closed the door behind me with the determination to find the secret behind my parents death.

****************

This isn't a great one but still I tried my best.