Chapitre 6

Two weeks have past since the kissing incident. I was scared that day when I went home. I didn't want to kiss him and he shouldn't have kissed me. I mean come on, who would kiss me?

I still babysit for him though. Lately Erik has been home so he's been having all of my attention. It was such a shame that I didn't finish the truffles so I made them again and gave them to Erik.

I wanted to talk to Vladimir about the incident but I knew that it would be awkward. Plus every time I come around he's always in his office, 'working'. But hey if that's what he wants, then I don't care.

"Okay so Mr. Marshall is a severe bitch. I mean, seriously? We have to write a 2,000 word essay on the Scandinavian countries when we barely learn anything in his class. That's messed up." Erik says, slamming his binder on the table.

Galina comes crawling over to us. I pick her up and sit her on my lap. She's the only reason why I'm still babysitting actually. Alisa is a demon but Galina is adorable and a saint. Plus she's not aggravating.

"Yeah. I'm just gonna bullshit it. Or at least try to research it." No I'm not. I'll ask somebody to help me.

Erik scoffs at my response, "No you're not. You're too lazy to even try."

I chuckle at that, knowing he's right, "Hey. Guilty as charge."

Galina messes with my fingers. Poking them, pulling them, even separating them. She was so interested. Something about Galina was different than the rest of them. Galina seemed like the black sheep of the family. She just didn't have that aurora.

I don't know, it's weird.

Erik groans and slouches back on the couch. He moves his arm behind my head and pulls me close. I allow it since he's comforting.

"You know, you smell amazing. What is that bananas?" He asks

"No," I laugh, "It's peaches."

"Woah I was way off then." He chuckles. I smile at him. He smiles back. He's so handsome it's a shame. And his blue eyes makes him even more irresistible.

I look at his lips, noticing how full they were. Such a pretty light pink. I stare back into his eyes and I see the eagerness as he stares back.

He leans in as well as I. As soon as our lips touches I feel a wave of lust hit me out of nowhere which is strange since Erik isn't somebody I'd particularly lust over. He puts his hand to my left cheek and holds my face. The kiss was calm and soothing. I like it.

We continue to kiss for about thirty more seconds before we hear Galina shout, "Daddy!"

I immediately move away from Erik and set Galina on the ground as she reaches for Vladimir who's standing in the hallway. I try not to look at him so I won't see his expression.

Erick clears his voice. "Hey Vladimir. Surprised to see you out of your office." He tries to make a joke but it doesn't happen. I hear Vladimir scoff.

"Well I wanted something to eat but now I don't have the appetite anymore." I finally look up to see him looking at Erik with a scowl.

Erik smirks at Vladimir giving him a daring look. It was like he was probing Vladimir, mocking him. Erik gets off the couch and stretches his arms.

"Well I'm pretty hungry and I don't want to work on that stupid essay." He turns around to look at me, "I'm going to the store with Oleysa. You need anything?"

I shake my head with a smile. He nods and moves downstairs.

I sit here in silence. Hearing nothing but Galina blabbing.

"I don't see you for weeks and when I do, you're kissing my kid brother," he scoffs. Galina quiets down. She looks between me and Vladimir. I look over at him in confusion.

I've been here for how long and he didn't bother to talk to me? He's making it seem like I should be guilty for something.

"I've been here. You've just been coped up in your room. Nothing here is my fault." Hell I don't even know why I kissed Erik.

He stares at me in disbelief. He sets Galina down and points to the hallway. Galina starts crawling down a hallway and eventually disappears into a room. Hers.

He looks back at me and says, "Are you kidding me? So you kissing Erik isn't your fault."

"You're making it seem like it's such a big deal. It's not. People kiss." That's a lie since Vladimir was the first person I've ever kissed. Plus kissing Erik wasn't even supposed to happen, but for some strange reason it happened.

Vladimir steps forward. I stand up with my arms cross. "Well it is to me. I know that our kiss was a surprise to you and that you were scared but I thought that it meant something."

I open my mouth to try to talk but nothing comes out. I thought he kissed me just to be kissing me. "But... but your gay."

"What!?!" Vladimir takes a step back with a bewildered expression on his face. "I'm not gay! Who told you I was gay?!"

I stare at him in shock. He's not? "Erik told me you were."

He shakes his head before saying, "Of course he did. Asshole." He sighs and moves his fingers through his hair. "I'm not gay, Valerie."

"Oh." I say. I fidget a little. This is so awkward. "It's perfectly fine if you are. Sometimes I even question myself."

"I'm not gay!"

"Okay, okay." I say raising my hands up in surrender.

Vladimir takes a step closer to me. He says, "Did it mean something? Just tell me."

I look up at him. I think about it for a moment. Did it mean something? I mean it was nice. Amazing actually. Do I want more? Yeah, I kinda do. But my parents.

"Yeah it did. But it doesn't mean it can happen again." I turn around to sit back on the couch. I rest my arms on my legs, putting my face in my hands.

"Why not?"

"Because," I sigh, "I don't want my parents to find out."

I hear movement before I felt a dip in the couch. "They don't have to know."

I look at him. Really look at him. He looks so desperate and I don't know whether I want to hit him or like that he can show that emotion. I think about it a little more and finally have the answer.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Film Studies was boring today. Usually it's energetic, but today was different. All we did was take notes. And get kicked out thirty minutes into the class.

So now Erik and I are walking down the halls. The hall was so quiet I could hear my own footsteps.

I remember me and Vladimir's conversation yesterday and decide to bring something up.

"Erik?" I call out his name to get his attention. He hums in response. "Is Vladimir really gay?"

Erik stops near a table and takes a seat on it. "Um. Probably? I don't know, I'm pretty sure he is though. I mean I only knew about one girlfriend but that didn't last that long. So..."

"How long?" I ask.

"About two years. Like I said not that long." Two years? Not that long? Are you kidding me? A whole month in high school is too long.

"Two years is a long time. Wait. Is she Galina's mother?"

He moves his arm behind him. "Yeah. Why?" He looks at me with confusion.

I look away, not wanting him to read my face. "I asked Vladimir because something came up and he said he wasn't gay."

"Oh. Okay. I don't really care but okay." He says. "Hey about that kiss before. Look, I'm sorry about that. That shouldn't have happened." He looks at me for forgiveness.

I smile before punching his arm. "It's okay. It just can't happen again."

He smiles back. "Totally." He puts his right hand up for a slap. I chuckle, giving him a slap. "Let's get out of here." It was a good thing Film is our fourth and final block.

I nod my head before getting up.