No Comment

John rushed forward, catching Strange in his arms just before he hit the sand. "It's going to be alright," he yelled, while he worked to stem the blood that pumped from an artery in Strange's arm. "You would have to puncture an artery, wouldn't you?"

Strange smiled. "Sorry, I'm an asshole as well as a pain in the ass." Then he closed his eyes.

"No, no, no, stay with me Stephen," John commanded while he finished tying up the tourniquet that kept Strange from bleeding out. God, he looks so pale, shit.

Strange shivered then smiled again. "Take us home, John."

John stared down into Strange's shinning green eyes, knowing he would die soon. Frustration, anger and a surge of fierce protectiveness surged through his veins. I will protect him. I will save him. I will bring us both home. I am a soldier, a doctor, a sorcerer and no dimension will keep me from this task. Strange is mine and I will destroy the whole fucking universe if I must, just to keep him safe. Then he felt a surge of heat, that originated between his eyes. It had a life of its own, burning its way down each chakra point of his body, his face, neck, nipples, abdomen, groin, upper thighs all the way down to the tips of his toes. He then took out his sling ring, moving his hands until a circle of light sparked, growing larger while he moved his hands. The opening was larger than any he had seen the other students, or even Strange duplicate, but he ignored its abnormalities, hauled Strange to his feet, shoving them both through the portal.

Wong and a group of sorcerers stood in the courtyard, discussing how they would retrieve Strange and his wayward student, John, when a howling sound filled the air, a portal opened and mounds of sand poured in like ocean waves. John and Strange slid down one of the crests. John was the first to recover. "Strange is injured," he whispered, then fell to his knees, his body convulsing with the electrical pulses that raced through it. He opened his mouth to say something, when another seizure overtook him. His eyes rolled up to the top of his head, then everything went black.

When John opened his eyes, he could smell the arid scent of an acupuncture fire treatment. I wonder who the poor bastard is that's getting the treatment? Ouch, Jesus, it's me. "What's happening?"

Strange stood before him, putting a finger to his lips. "John, don't speak yet. You are feeling the side effects of a portal transfer gone wrong."

"Great, another little thing you didn't tell me?"

"John, ssh, please. You've should have slept through the fire treatment."

John ignored his orders. "Why? Oh fuck, mother of god, you're setting me on fire."

"John, I'm not going to tell you again. Be quiet."

John closed his eyes, letting the fire burn through the needles to their destined pressure points. At first it hurt, then it felt good, like a Swedish massage. His body relaxed and he leaned into Strange's touch against his forehead. "Go to sleep. We'll talk later."

John opened his mouth to reply, then remained silent when Strange's hands began to caress the tight muscles around the back of his neck. Feels so good.

"John? John? You've been asleep for 36 hours; it's time to wake up now. I know you can hear me. I can tell. Now open your eyes. Come on John, I know you can do this."

John did as commanded, then looked around him. The room was darkened. There were no shelves or pictures on the wall. The room was bare. Strange stood to the side of the table he lay on, peering into his face. "I know you have a lot of questions, but let me speak first. You had a reaction to the power you summoned up, it went through your whole system, burning through your chakra points and almost setting the whole place on fire. We are in the sensory deprivation dimension. You are safe."

John cleared his throat. "What happened and why are you wearing nothing but boxers?"

Strange smiled. "You burned through two of my best uniforms, but it seems your protective nature drew the line at setting my flesh on fire."

John took the cup of tea Strange offered him, gulping it down. "What's wrong with me?"

Strange took the cup from his trembling hands and said, "Absolutely, nothing, you're perfect."

John swallowed. What the hell?

Strange blushed. "What I meant is that you're a protector and a healer. It is a rare combination in a sorcerer. I blame myself. I should have recognized the signs, but well there hasn't been a protector/healer in years. John, you have the ability to heal and fight at the same time. You are special, very special. You hovered over me like an avenging angel. You wouldn't let anyone touch me. It took five sorcerers to subdue you."

John looked away from Strange's penetrating gaze. "So, who stitched up your arm?"

Strange held up his arm for inspection. "You did."

"What? Let me see," John ordered.

Strange came forward, holding out his arm while John ran his fingers over it. "It looks like the wound has been sewn together with a laser."

"You do good work. Thank you."

John held his arm, then let go when he realized how long he had been holding it. "Well, I have no idea what I did, but you're welcome." Then he leaned back, angry when tears began to roll down his cheeks.

"It's alright, John. We will get through this together. You will be trained how to harness your powers and everything will be alright."

John wiped a tear away. "I'm not nine. I know problems can't be wished away."

Strange took his hand. "No, but I will be by your side the entire time. I won't leave you."

Though the touch made his skin ache, he clung to Strange's fingers. "You may have no choice, but I appreciate the sentiment. Sometimes...sometimes surgeons and sorcerers fail."

A sad smile, twitched around Strange's lips when he replied. "Yes, but I have time on my side. Now, back to business. Does your skin still itch?"

John nodded. "Like a son of a bitch."

"I will rub some ointment on it." Then he pulled back the covers and began to apply the salve.

"Does that have to go everywhere?"

"Everywhere external. Why am I hurting you?"

"No, it's just..."

"You're worried you might get a boner? Don't worry you won't."

John laughed. "Like you'd know what to do. Have you ever sucked a guy off?"

"No, absolutely not. Have you?"

John closed his eyes, then smirked. "No comment."

Hours later, after John had fallen asleep the words 'no comment', replayed over and over in his mind.