Only Time Will Tell

John raised his hands in a circle, then pushed them forward, causing a greenish, blue shield to appear. He looked down at Strange and smiled. Strange returned the smile. He then ran his hands over Strange's body, allowing energy to flow through each chakra point. Strange responded to his touch by pushing up against his fingertips. You are mine Strange and I am yours, together forever in every dimension. His thoughts faltered, when he reached Strange's battered hands. Maybe I can help him—heal him. He focused all his power on Strange's trembling fingers. You are mine and I will make you whole. Sweat poured down his forehead, dripping into his eyes, and veins stood out on his neck. Strange surrender your pain to me. His heart beat accelerated, causing his breath to come out in short pants. Though he could feel his skin starting to burn, he continued, then stopped when he heard Strange cry out.

"John, stop, you're burning me."

His eyes flew open and he stopped, looking down at the red, angry welts that doted the skin on Strange's pale scarred hands. "Strange, I'm sorry. I thought that if I concentrated that I could take away your pain. Let me get my bearings, then we'll continue if you still want to."

Strange nodded and looked up at him. Damn those haunting green eyes. They've pierced my soul— Strange. He then took a deep breath and began again. His body began to relax, while it adjusted. He reached his spectral fingers through each of Strange's chakra points, reveling in each bubble of power. They're like the Bailey's beads effect—Strange my eclipse—my totality—my sun.

He ran his hands up and down Strange's arms, then pressed his thumbs against Strange's forehead—his third eye. Together they floated through different dimensions, some benevolent and peaceful, and others malevolent and full of malice, stopping to let a butterfly land on their entwined hands. When they began to come back to their own dimension, he gasped when a colorful DNA helix appeared before their eyes, then another lined up with the first. They lined up with each other, swirling around until they merged. Strange and I are one, together forever, nothing can separate us. Nothing.

He opened his eyes. Strange shifted beneath him, remaining silent. "I could stay this way forever," he whispered, tracing Strange's jaw with his index finger.

Strange nodded, then rolled over, curling up in a ball. He pulled him into a tight embrace. They lay locked in each other's arms, their bodies tensing with each click of the clock.

"John."

He rubbed the back of his hand along Strange's beard. "Yes?"

"Thank you."

"For what?"

"For rescuing me."

He kissed Strange behind the ear. "If anybody rescued anybody, it was you who rescued me. I was so alone before I met you. I had no one."

"Nonsense, you're adorable."

"No, I'm not adorable. No one has ever said that about me."

"Then it's time someone did. John you're adorable, funny, loyal, and wonderful in every way possible and I love you more than life itself."

Tears filled his eyes. "Strange, I swear to fucking god, you're going to make me cry."

Strange laughed. "John, you can defuse any situation with that quirky wit of yours."

He smiled, then moved a lock of hair out of Strange's eyes. "Yeah, I learned to do that when I was in care."

Strange's expression sobered. "I'm sorry, it must have been difficult."