Chapter 12.

ALIS POV.

I stepped into the room and saw him. Lying there, helpless. I involuntarily gasped as I laid eyes on him. MY dad. The one who, as a child, I always thought of as super-man. Was lying there, in so much pain; cuts, grazes, broken bones. I could see the pain in his eyes. 

'Dad...' I called out in a hushed tone. It was almost as if HE was the child and I didn't want to startle him. 'Alison..' He weakly smiled through the oxygen mask placed over his bruised face. 

I fought back the tears. It was almost as if, the sound of his voice was confirmation that he was okay.  I sniffed, as I battled to keep the tears at bay. I knew if my mum saw me crying she would break down, and right now, thats not what I wanted to happen. My dad needed me and mum to be as strong as possible. For him. 

'I love you Dad!' I gently rubbed his cheek as he smiled again. 'I love you too, Alison. I'll be okay! You know that don't you? Us Kings don't give up easily' His smile got wider and so did mine (Even though I didn't think that was humanly possible!) 'Yes Dad. I do know that. I know you'll be fine. Its just hard seeing you like this..' My mum rubbed my knee as I sat there staring at my dad. I didnt know what else to do. 

'Alison, I'm going to be okay, trust me. You know as well as me, were strong. Were Kings!' He said it with such conviction that I believed him. I could always tell when he was lying, and at this moment in time, he wasn't lying. HE truly believed that he was going to get better, and so did I. 

*****

After a couple of hours, it was time for visitors to leave. I hugged my mum tightly, and for a long time. I eventually pulled out of the hug.. 'Right, I best be getting back, I don't want to be keeping the babysitter too long' 

I kissed my dad on the forehead, as he was asleep. I didn't want to wake him up to say goodbye. I walked back to my car.. as soon as I got in I broke down crying. I held it together in the hospital, but now, I was on my own. I could let my feelings out. 

I cried and cried for what felt like hours.. in reality, it was only about 5 minutes. I wanted to get all the crying out before I got home so Daisy didn't realise anything was wrong. I finally stopped crying and started to drive home. I couldn't stop thinking about my dad and the fact that he was now in that hospital all alone with no body with him.. and if anything were to happen, I was more than half an hour away from the hospital. 

I got home, and thank god Dais was in bed. Ben came in from the sitting room. 'How was he? Was he okay?' He said, concern laced in his voice. 'Come on, come into the sitting room, come and tell me all about it' 

He lead me into the sitting room, sat me down and I broke down in his arms.. 'I hated seeing him like that, Ben! He just looked so weak, like a child. He was in pain, I just couldn't bare it Ben! I just... just...' I started to hyperventilate from trying to cry so much. 

'Ok, Ok.. Ali, listen to me. It's okay, your dads going to be okay! That will be where you get your resilience from!' He smiled and pulled me closer to him and kissed me tenderly on the top of the head. 'I love you Ali...' He began rubbing my arm to calm me down more. After a while, I began to fall asleep in his arms.. I just felt so safe in his arms.. 

All this that was happening with Ben just felt.... right. I loved the feeling I got when I was with him. 

BENS POV. 

I was rubbing her arm to keep her as calm as I could. I hated seeing her upset.. I never knew I could develop such strong feelings for someone so quickly... Well, I suppose the fact that I slept with her that night helped. 

I came out of my day dream, and looked at Ali. She was fast asleep. I smiled at how cute she looked when she was sleeping. I'd been with Ali for quite a while now, I think its now time to take the next step.. 

I'm going to ask Ali to marry me...