Chapter 9.

BENS POV.

'W...What? Did I just hear that right? You're pregnant, and.... and its mine?'  My mind was running overtime... I just couldn't get my head around it. I was so confused. 

'Yes Ben, I'm pregnant, and yes... it IS yours' she confirmed it again. 

'I... I used protection'  well, I thought I did..

She sighed still driving ' Well, I guess things just happen..'  she said matter of factly.Not looking at me..  Keeping her eyes on the road. 

' Yeah, I guess they do'  I smiled, thinking about the fact I was going to be a dad for the first time... my very first child, and it was with the girl of my dreams... 

'So, I guess the next thing is finding out for sure. I have the test in my bag'  she smiled at me. This was so so exciting. 

***

We got back to hers, after picking Daisy up. I sat down at the kitchen table, while Daisy helped Ali put the shopping away..

'Mummy, what is this?'  Daisy found Ali's pregnancy test, but luckily she didn't know what it was for. 

'It's nothing baby. Just something for mummy'  She replied instantaneously.. I loved the way she could think of something to say to all of Daisy's questions, without having to tell her what they really are. To, almost protect her, I guess. Until shes old enough to be told about them.

'What's this thing on the end for?'  Daisy asked pointing to the end which you have to wee on in order for the test to work.

'It's nothing for you to worry about baby, it's just something mummy needs to use'  she smiled at me, and Daisy looked up at us both. 

' Oh, okay'  She just accepted Ali's word on this. She didn't question any further. I wish my nieces did that. They would always question you and question you until you told them what it actually was and then sound offended when you got annoyed with them. They really were the double of my sister.

Daisy was sat in the kitchen doing her homework for school, Ali had been gone for a while. I didn't know where she has gone. She just disappeared. Suddenly, Ali appeared in the doorway of the kitchen, she signaled for me to follow her upstairs, so I did. When I got upstairs she lead me to the bathroom and showed me the test. It was positive. It was confirmed. She was pregnant, I was going to be a dad for the first time! She was going to be a mum for the second time.. We were both beaming from ear to ear. I embraced her tightly... not wanting to let her go. 

Suddenly... 

'MUMMY! Can you come and help me with some of my homework please!'  It was Daisy. Ali sighed. 

' i'll be there in a minute Dais!' she shouted back. 

She began heading back downstairs. 

Now came the biggest challenge,

Telling Daisy she was going to be a big sister...