Chapter 44 - "I miss you, Aims."

Start from the beginning

She looked at him with an innocent expression.

"What makes you think it was me? Nate was the one who led the charge," Amelia said, evenly.

A smirk took over Danny's face.

"Aims you forget one thing. I have already toured with this lot. Never once did they think of a water balloon fight. For that I am ashamed of them but also know with certainty it was you who did the planning."

"Then I happily admit to the plan."

The crew member who had been filming the whole time walked over and handed Matt his phone back, who shook off the excess water, before taking it.

"You recorded it?" Danny asked.

"Yup, it should be good, you're face was priceless," Amelia laughed.

His hand came up and rumpled her hair.

"Well, your face was priceless when Grant got you," Danny mocked back.

They stayed outside, talking over the fight for a while longer, letting the heat dry them and enjoying the refreshing feeling of wet clothes on their hot skin.

***************

Amelia made her way to Danny's dressing room and found him sprawled on the couch.

"Danny!" Amelia shouted.

He jerked up and tumbled off the cushions. Smiling, she leaned against the doorframe.

"Oh good, you're awake."

Growling, he pushed himself off the floor and walked over to her, nudging her shoulder with his arm.

"Why I put up with you is beyond me?" Danny muttered as they started walking down the hallway.

"Because I'm more interesting then the rest of the band and I agree to hang out with you."

He looked at her sideways, a frown still marring his face. A metal door opened ahead of them and Haley walked out. Danny's expression vanished and a easy smile slide into place, making Amelia smirk.

"Hey Haley. I heard you had a radio interview this morning, how did it go?" Danny asked.

"It was good, went down like every other interview. How did your TV interview go?" she asked.

"It was good."

The air filled with an uncertain awkward energy and Haley looked around again, before nodding.

"Alright, well, I'll see you around."

She walked off, Danny's gaze following her until she turned into a corridor and disappeared from sight. Turning back, he found Amelia's mocking smile waiting for him.

"She's crushing so hard on you, I don't know how I didn't see it before," Amelia teased.

Nudging her, Danny started walking again.

"Shut up," he grumbled.

Laughing, Amelia fell into step beside him. They pushed through the door at the end of the hallway and walked to the tour bus. Danny opened the door and they moved into the cool space. Climbing the few steps to the center of spacious area, Amelia plopped down on one of the couches and stretched out her legs.

Danny took the couch opposite Amelia and they sat for a few minutes in silence, absorbing the chill air and quiet. A low rhythmic breathing flitted through the bus and Amelia turned her head, questioningly raising one eyebrow at Danny.

"Nate. Don't worry though, he could sleep through a dinosaur attack," Danny said.

"How did your interview go?" she asked.