Chapter 25 - "You're forcing our friendship?"

The roar of Juilliard's food court swam around Amelia. Her leg started buzzing and she dug out her phone. The number unfamiliar, she answered.

"Hello?"

"Hello beautiful, I'm outside," the voice on the other end said cheerfully.

"I'm sorry who is this?"

"You couldn't tell who it was by my soft, melodious voice and charming greeting," the voice said.

"Hi Danny."

"Right you are Aims."

"How did you get my number?"

"Bash, of course. Now like I said, I'm outside, about to come in," Danny said, his voice jovial.

"Come in where?"

"Juilliard. I've come to kidnap you and sweep you away," Danny said, sounding pleased with himself.

Amelia froze and her feet clattered to the floor, as she pulled them off the chair.

"Danny don't come in, I'm serious..."

There was a clear shout on the other end of the line, that Amelia also heard from where she was sitting. There was the thundering of footsteps as recognition spread through the entrance of the school.

"Aims, help!" Danny said, the sound of girl's eager voices drowning out his own words.

Amelia was already on her feet, stuffing her things into her satchel as her gaze darted around the food court, searching for someone. Slinging her strap over her head, she sprinted through the crowded area, stopping at one specific table. Her eyes locked onto the biggest guy.

"Hey Ameli-"

"James, I need your help," Amelia said, hurriedly.

She tugged the guy from his chair, leading him towards the entrance.

"Amelia, you want to tell me what's going on?" James asked.

"Yes, their is a pack of girls down by the main doors about to tear a guy to shreds and I need your help to get to him. And get us both out of the doors. Can you do that for me?"

He nodded, confusion still sitting in his eyes. Layers of girls formed a large huddle around Danny.

"He's in there?" James asked.

"Yes. Make a hole and I'll stay right on your tail."

James moved through the mass of girls, stopping at the center.

"Hi I'm James, I'm here to help you out," James said, his voice as carefree as if he were walking through the park and stopping to say hi to a friend.

"Lead the way," Danny said.

James started moving again. Amelia pushed herself around James's large frame to slip out the entrance with Danny.

"Thanks James, see you in music theory class," Amelia called over her shoulder.

James waved goodbye and pulled the glass door shut. Girls burst from the other doors, streaming towards Danny and Amelia.

"Where's your car?" Amelia asked.

Danny didn't bother answering, instead took off running towards the right. He rounded a silver Aston Martin and yanked the door open. Amelia slipped inside, the car purring to life as she slammed the door shut. They had melted into the thick of traffic by the time she let out a deep breath. A brown paper bag crinkled at her feet and she shifted to avoid crushing it.

"That was a close one," Danny said, with a shaky laugh.

"Danny, what are you doing here? More importantly why didn't you bring your body guard?"