Chapter 49 - "Aims. I have a confession to make."

10 months later.

The sound of the airport thundered in Amelia's ears as she approached the man in black, holding a sign with her name. A smile skipped across her face.

"Why William Ashford, I didn't know you took a job as a chauffeur?" Amelia teased.

"At your service, Ms. Dawson. May I help you with your bag, m'lady?"

Laughing, Amelia nodded and Will grabbed the suitcase by her feet.

"Come on, your grandmother's dying to see you."

They exited the airport, the warm Summer breeze brushing past them.

"How are you doing?" Will asked.

The wind roared past her ears, bringing with it the sounds of the city growing ever closer.

"Good, I slept on the jet."

"How does it feel to be on break from touring?" Will asked.

"So good," Amelia let out a sigh. "Don't get me wrong. I love touring with Sebastian, but three months of nonstop screaming girls, is well..."

"At least you have a month away from it all."

"Yes and I'm so excited for it. How's Poppy doing?"

An amused smile slid across his face.

"Good, my wife has decided she doesn't like how our apartment is decorated. So in between rehearsals, she is bossing people around. Did you know there are thirty different shades of the color white? She asks me which one I like best. I told her I trust her. She can do anything she likes as long as my piano room in not bright orange."

"How is she feeling about the upcoming Ballet show?"

"Fantastic. I'll back in the city just in time to see it, after my trip to New York to record Danny's album."

"How's the album, looking?" Amelia asked.

They crossed over the Thames, the water catching the summer sunlight and blinking it back at them.

"Great. We couldn't be more happy with it."

A familiar neighborhood came into view and Amelia turned to Will.

"Promise me something, Will."

"What's that Amy?"

"If there is more than fifty people here tonight we play the yawning game."

Will laughed, the sounding muffled by the wind.

"Deal."

The car turned into a narrow lane, leading up to the stately manor. The tires crunched on the gravel drive as they rounded the fountain and stopped at the stone steps.

***********

"Aims!" Poppy shouted, as she strode into Amelia's room.

Amelia lay on her bed, contemplating the ceiling.

"Hey Pops, how's life?"

Poppy flopped onto the bed beside Amelia.

"It's good. Rehearsal went so long today. I thought it would never end. But now I'm here. Is Eleanor doing your hair?"

Amelia nodded. A gentle knock came on the open door.

"Amelia darling, are you ready?" Eleanor asked, stepping in.

Amelia rose and moved to the vanity, her grandmother taking up the spot behind her. When she was finished, two braids crossed over the top Amelia's head, looking vaguely like a crown. Eleanor gave Amelia's shoulders a loving squeeze, her eyes meet Amelia's in the mirror, before she kissed her cheek.