Chapter Eight - Mason's POV

Start from the beginning

She wore tight fitting jeans that hugged every part of her incredible, curvy figure. A loose, grey hooded sweatshirt that made her small size look even smaller and a pair of black beat up converse. Okay, so she wasn't dressed to impress, but for some reason I couldn't take my eyes off her.

My wolf had sprung to life, the thought of being close to his mate giving him a new excitement.  The love sick puppy was still going strong.

I found myself hoping she would turn around, just to get a glimpse of those eyes that seemed to drift into my thoughts every night. Though that wasn't the only image that would prick at my mind.  I could almost feel my tongue trace down the slender column of her neck to the soft bit of skin between her collar bone and her shoulder. My canines would extend in an instant and believe me they weren't the only thing extending. 

Damn!  There I go again with thoughts I shouldn't have. I shouldn't be thinking like that, I rejected her for a reason. I definitely need to grow a pair. My eyes snapped up only to be greeted with something that sent my wolf into a wild frenzy.

* * *

Slamming my fist into the already formed dent in the locker I felt a hand latch on to my shoulder, I turned to come face to face with Cole. "You okay, man?" His forehead was creased with worry, but he knew exactly what had just happened.  Unlike Scott who stood wide eyed.

I shook my head, but didn't say anything. Like hell I was okay.  Ever since that day I caught her scent for the first time, my life had been royally screwed.  Never was I possessive or jealous and now those are the only two damn emotions I feel when I'm anywhere near her. How Jake was happy he had found his mate was beyond me.

Scott's eyes flashed past me to where Rainie and Nicky had gone, then to me before landing on Cole and back to me once more. "What was all that about?"

"Forget it." I murmured. The last thing I needed was for more people to know about my stupid wolf and his mate.

"You nearly shifted in front of everyone after suddenly finding a new hate for another Alpha and you tell me to forget it?" He looked beyond confused. I couldn't blame him, yet at the same time I didn't want to speak about it anymore.

I turned to him and used my Alpha tone. "No, I'm not telling you to forget it I'm ordering you to forget it."  He bowed his head, a show of understanding.  I hated to do it, Scott was a friend, but I had to or he would have never let it go.  "I've gotta get out of here." I took my books from Cole and headed straight for the door. I needed some space and fresh air, it felt as if my head was going to explode if I didn't.

I was still reeling from my encounter with that stupid dog, Nicky.  Who the hell did he think he was talking to me like that? My body was shaking with anger and my wolf hadn't stopped pacing back and forth. He wasn't happy watching another wolf touch and kiss his mate like that.

And him, he should have known better than to do that to another Alpha's mate, I didn't care whether she was his friend. He knew exactly what he was doing when he threw her his smug little smirk and winked at her. Freaking winked. I should have ripped his throat out when I had the chance, though I had to admit the sound of his nose breaking when my fist landed on it was a satisfying crack. Even the thought had me smiling.

I didn't feel up to going to first class after what happened, so I rang Cole and told him to feed some bullshit story to the teacher. It wasn't really necessary since Mr Harrod was in our pack, but my father would just moan at me for thinking that I should have special treatment.

The image of his hands resting on either side of her hips flashed through my mind and in the moment I wanted nothing more that to go over him and tear his arms off before ripping his throat out.  How dare he touch what is mine?