07

"Renjun-ge~"

Chenle would whisper his name as tears escape his reddish eyes. No matter how hard they try to soothe him, he would only cry harder.

A half an hour passed since Chenle woke up from fainting for the second time. And many hours now since Renjun went missing. The hyungs cannot bear the sight of the poor kid, let alone the whole situation, the fact that they are missing six people.

They are now back at their home since it is what the police had told them. It is safer than staying back at the camp site. But Taeyong, Johnny, Jaehyun, Yuta and Hansol are still with the police to get interrogated and to help finding the kids. It's been 26 hours since things happened and nobody got the nerve to spare some time to sleep.

"He was with me! He hugged me and was crying! But all of a sudden everything turned black... and now I'm awake... he's gone. It's all my fault!" he says over and over again for the last minute.

"Shhh.. Don't blame yourself, Chenle-ah. Maybe they're just pulling off a big prank on us. Maybe they would pop out on the door tomorrow and say gotcha!" Kun tried again, sacrificing a white lie.

At last, Chenle calmed down, ended up sniffing from all the crying, and the rest of the hyungs calmed down as well.

They tucked him on his bed. Each finally bid their good night. The others went to their room to finally get some rest even though they know they can't. And Winwin, he was about to get up from Chenle's bed and leave as well when the scared younger one grabbed his hand, stopping him in his tracks.

"Yes?"

"Can you stay with me until I fall asleep?" the Chenle pleaded with glistening eyes.

"Of course," Winwin almost broke a tear. It hurts him so much to see the kid in pain and fear, and to know for himself that he can't even be any of help to fix everything.

But he still smiled and laid down on the bed next to Chenle. At least, Winwin can consider it a help just to be with that person you love, to reassure them you'll stay.

Silence filled the room for only a minute when Chenle spoke again.

"Winwin-ge?"

"Yes, Chenle-ah?"

"Is someone going to get me tonight?" his question burnt the smile on Winwin's face.

"N-No. Don't say that, okay? Stop thinking and close your eyes now," he answers almost immediately, petrified.

Winwin didn't even turn off the lamp that's lighting up the whole room, being scared himself. He keeps his eye on Chenle to make sure he won't vanish off his sight.

"No more disappearing..." Winwin whispered under his breath while caressing Chenle's cheek, tracing his eyes swelling from crying too much.

His heart finally started calming down seeing the younger falling to sleep in his arms. Maybe, he can really protect Chenle, at least.

"I won't leave your side."

Knock.

Someone knocked quietly on the door a few times. It opened slowly, revealing the shadow of their another friend boarding together with them in the house. It's Lucas.

"Winwin hyung?" he calls.

"Yes, Lucas?"

"The police are here," Lucas said, opening the door wider as the light illuminates his face clearer.

Winwin nodded and carefully laid Chenle's head down on the pillows. Shifting off the bed, he tiptoes outside and followed Lucas downstairs.

Upon walking, Winwin heard something cracking under his slipper. He bent down to get the object and it is... a dead leaf.