The moment I avoided Rosemary

Ola!

This chapter is partly told from James's POV. Hope you enjoy, guys!

Love,

Kelly

23: The moment I avoided Rosemary

It wasn't always easy being the son of the famous Harry Potter. Sometimes I really hated my last name, but then again I wouldn't trade it for the world. I loved my family, no matter how crazy or annoying it was at times.

The Potters and Weasleys were my home.

That didn't mean however that the ridiculous shit newspapers and magazines wrote about me didn't bother me though. I stared in disgust at the latest rumour and shook my head warily.

The last three weeks there had been nothing but rumours flying around the school and therefore throughout the whole wizarding community. They were calling her names, ugly names. They were congratulating me on a girl well conquered and publicly crucifying her for wanting a piece of the Potter fame.

It was absolutely ridiculous. I threw the Daily Prophet against the wall, nearly missing Fred's head as he walked into our dorm.

"Hey there," he said, holding up his hands to show me he was unarmed. "Next time you open fire, please give me a declaration of war beforehand."

I shrugged and let myself fall down on the bed.

"You alright, mate?" Fred asked me hesitantly and I just sighed again.

Did I look alright? "I'm good, Freddie."

"You don't sound good."

I grimaced at that and even frowned when I heard the rustling of papers. "It's nothing," I muttered.

Fred was silent for a little while as he, undoubtedly ,read the stupid article. I heard him move around the room, but I was too busy drowning in self pity to really care.

I finally had the girl I'd been wanting for years and she had finally wanted me. I knew she had. Nobody could kiss a random person the way she had. She deeply cared for me, there was no doubt in my mind about it.

And that's what made this so hard.

"It's a good picture of you two though," Fred finally said good-humouredly.

I pinched my nose in annoyance. That was another thing that annoyed me endlessly. They had taken our New Year's kiss, which by the way was fantastic and awesome and absolutely amazing, but they had smeared it all over the newspapers and magazines and turned it into something ugly. As if that was a part of my life they had actually rights to. As if it was their right to take something so... intimate away from me and give it to the public.

I doubted there was a wizard or witch in the world that hadn't seen that kiss yet.

"She's getting howlers over this, you know," Fred said softly as he laid down next to me.

We stared at the ceiling in silence for a couple of minutes.

"I know," I breathed, closing my eyes. Just this morning she had two howlers screaming at her that she was a filthy whore. I would never forget the precise wording and would never forgive the witch that sent it to her.

If I ever found out who the sender was, that girl would wish she had never come across my name. That I swore.

"What you're doing, mate," Freddie said again slowly, "it isn't fair to her."

"I thought you didn't like her." He had told me on several occasions that she was trouble. If anything I had expected Oscar to stand up for her, which he had, but that even Fred was now trying to convince me, surprised me.