Prologue

A/N: I'm not going to repeat this every chapter, but I'd just like to point out that I do NOT own Harry Potter. I only own my OC's.

Prologue

Let me start by telling you this: I absolutely loved my life. I had it all planned out. I was going to be a kick ass Auror after graduation, find myself a beautiful home, have two kids (Cian and Maeve) with my darling boyfriend and get a dog. Precisely in that order. Of course life had to come knocking on my door and ruin my whole carefully planned out future.

I'm sure you can imagine how thrilled I was with that.

But allow me to start at the beginning of my story. You know, before my life turned into a romantic comedy with so many clichés it'd even annoy its own screenwriters. How do I know what a romantic comedy is, you ask? Well, I have a Muggle as a neighbour and close friend, so of course I know all about romantic comedies and their sappy plot lines. (Don't ever tell anyone this, but 50 First Dates has always been and will always be my number one favourite.)

Right. The beginning.

I've always been kind of a quiet, shy and awkward girl to outsiders. I've never really been one for small talk and like I mentioned earlier, I had my whole life planned out for me. I got the boy I wanted and I had one close friend. I was happy that way! My life was uncomplicated and didn't even have a single drop of drama in it. That all changed of course and it all started on that faithful day during my Potions class...