The moment Potter made me cry

Hi (:

Dedicating this to AslanGollum, because I think she's about the only reader of mine! :'D Which is kind of sad if you think about it. Anyway, thank you so much for adding my story to your reading list! It means a lot to me <3

6. The moment Potter made me cry

"This is getting ridiculous," I muttered, ducking behind Potter for the billionth time that day. Potter and his mates ignored me, as they had done for the better part of the day, but Cassandra gave me a pitying look.

"Honey, just go talk to him," she whispered, pulling me from behind Potter's back.

"I can't," I mumbled, staring at her hand on my arm. "What am I going to tell him? Hi honey, how was your day? Yeah, we're not going to be able to have kids because you're going to hate me since I'm currently sleeping next to Potter in practically the same bed!" I said in one breath, causing me to gasp for air as soon as I was done.

"You sleep next to him?" Cass asked, her voice laced with jealousy.

"Yeah, Cass, so not the point here," I said, putting my hands on my hips in frustration. I made a mental note to myself to try and talk about this with her later. I didn't need her to think I was crushing on her crush or anything.

"You've already planned when you're going to have kids?" Wood asked me, while Potter and Weasley stared at me.

I raised an eyebrow and gave them my best glare. "So?"

Weasley gave Wood a look that clearly meant to drop it and Wood answered it with a look of his own. They did that often, communicating through their looks, I mean. Through the day they always knew what the other meant and even finished each other's sentences a couple of times. It was freaky, especially since they weren't related in the least. Just... Really good friends, I guess. They share a brain or something, it's uncanny to watch.

"So that's insane! You do realize that, don't you?" Wood asked me, ignoring the professor that dashed by to open our Potions classroom.

"Why would it be insane for me to know what I want with my life?" I asked in disgust. "At least I know what I want to do when I graduate, do you? Despite living off of your father's fame of course?" Oliver Wood was one serious drool worthy Quidditch player and I could swear Cass's ears turned red at the mention of Wood's name. She had it bad.

"We don't need our family's fame," Potter spat at me. "We are our own person, Woodstock."

"Yeah, I'd like to see you get away with all the shit that you do if you really were your own person." He just didn't see the treatment they were given, did he? It was disgusting to know that he just thought it was natural for them all to be admired by young and old, just because their parents are the Golden Trio and Oliver Wood the Golden Quidditch Star. It made me want to barf.

"Come on," Cass murmured softly, dragging me into the classroom that was already filled with our fellow students. "Why do you always do that?" she whispered, while I walked to my station.

"Do what?" I asked, frowning. Right, I had to brew a potion with Potter again. Great.

"Pick a fight that you just can't win. Just drop the family thing, honey." Cass kissed my cheek and whispered in my ear: "I know it's unfair, but they can't help who their family is. "

"When did you get so insightful?" I asked, when she moved away.

She winked and walked to her own seat. I plopped down on my stool and sighed. This sucked. I gave Potter a look, which he ignored and stared at the blackboard. This was going to be awkward with Cassandra, I could just tell. She may have a slight crush on Oliver Wood, but Potter was leagues beyond that even though she never really admitted it. Yeah, the other day she defended him to me, stating that he was worth all the trouble and effort she kept putting into him, but beyond that? Nada. I gave Potter a curious look. I mean, I know that he is a total hottie and I get that she could fall for that. But Potter? Really? What else did he have going for him besides his looks and family name?