The moment Potter proposed

12: The moment Potter proposed

I stared ahead into a big, dark nothing, until some twat bumped into me and pulled me right out of my stupor. James Potter grabbed my arm and snarled something to the passerby about watching his step, before letting me go again. "You okay?"

"My hero," I said absentmindedly.

Potter rolled his eyes and we marched on to our Care of Magical Creatures class that we both still took. I tucked the Timeturner under my shirt and looked up just in time, to pull both of us behind a statue.

I stared after myself, bickering with Potter about his table manners, which were horribly lacking by the way. "I'm never going to get used to this," I sighed and watched how Weasley and Oz followed after us, both looking at everything but each other. Oz's gaze fell on our statue and I could easily see the hurt he was so desperately trying to hide.

My heart ached for him. It really did, but I had no clue how I could help him. I've been pretending to be his girlfriend for something short of a week now and all it caused Weasley to do was shag more girls than Potter normally would this time of year. And believe me, how that boy managed to not get any diseases will forever baffle me.

How do I know that he doesn't have any? Well, I simply asked him. If I had to practically share a shower and bed with the lad, I was sure as hell going to make sure that the prat was clean. I didn't want to die because of a sexual transmitted decease of which I didn't even got to enjoy the act of contracting it. Please.

"I expect McGonogall will call us soon enough. They were working on some kind of cure, weren't they?" Potter asked me slowly.

I shrugged in reply and checked again to make sure the coast was clear. Even though past me knew I was probably walking around in the future or the now or - you know these things really mess with my head. Anyway, I just didn't want to encounter my past self in the past. According to McGonogall bad things have happened to people who've tried to change the past, so I won't be doing none of that.

And the way Potter's lustful gaze was now following a perky blonde from my house, made me promise to all females in this building that I would make sure that he didn't either. "Come on, Casanova, let's go."

"Who is Casanova?" Potter asked, while I literally dragged him from behind the statue and pushed him towards the exit.

Boy, was he in for a real culture shock when he met Ben, I thought as I pushed our way towards our next class.

***--***

"You cannot be serious," I told Potter crossly, crossing my arms in front of my chest. The bloody git was trying to get me to come to his Quidditch training. I do not like Quidditch. I just didn't get it. Why would you crawl on a broomstick to play a silly game in which you could easily plummet to your death? No. I really did not get it.

Potter had the expression of an exhausted parent on his face to which I took great offense. "I am deadly serious, Woodstock. I didn't complain when you dragged me to the owlry to send your stupid letter."

"The owlry isn't the same as a Quidditch match!" I shrieked. Walking me up to the owlry so I could send another letter to Ben and my parents, didn't compare at all!

Potter sighed and rolled his eyes heavenward. "This isn't a Quidditch match. Just a training. We're not even getting on a broom."

I hesitated as I thought over his words. "We're not?" I repeated uneasily and very unsure.

Potter gave me a smile that could almost be described as comforting. "No, we're yelling at the players on the ground."

I nodded. Okay. Maybe I could handle this after all. "Okay," I said slowly, allowing him to guide me towards the playing field and into a little stone building that I guessed held the dressing rooms. When we entered everybody grew silent and stared at me. Wood gave me a brilliant smile, whereas Weasley raised his eyebrows.