"I don't hate you. It's just better if you didn't hang around me or with me or contact me for that matter."

"Liz, stop. I know everything. I know what Ethan told you and none of its real. I'm not breaking a law, nor are you. They just wanted you to work against me."

"Well, it's working."

"Come on, Liz. You know me better than that. Besides, I know you feel something for me."

"Do not!"

"Do!"

"Nuh uh!!" she laughed a little.

"And I make you happy." Liz could feel him smiling to himself. "If you'll give me the chance, I want to show you something."

"Derek, whether the twins lied or not, there is one thing I learned from that night."

"Which is?"

"I could walk out on you in a second and if I dared to take that chance and look back to see if you were chasing me, you wouldn't be there."

"But--"

"I'm sorry, Derek." She hung up the phone and proceeded back into Allison's room.

"Soooo????" Lydia squealed.

"I have to go."

"Meeting Derek?!" Allison asked.

"No, Derek and I aren't talking any further. I'm going to see a few friends in an old meeting place. I'll catch up with you guys later?"

"Alright," they sighed, waving as she walked out the door.

-----

Lately, Derek only stayed at his loft. He hadn't been at his home since the night the people were killed outside. Liz made her way home then trudged through the forest to his house. She walked up the stairs and inside to the main living room, or what once was the living room. She laid down on the couch and rested her eyes.

The building was dark and eerie. It was still her old school but there was a sense of fear and panic that ran through the hallways. It was daytime outside but the building was dark inside. Nothing made sense. She walked to her old classroom, finding her younger self. Eventually, Elizabeth noticed her older self. She raised her hand to use the restroom and quickly exited, meeting Liz in one of the long hallways.

"Elizabeth? Can you hear me?"

She nodded her head.

"Elizabeth, something's bringing me here time and time again. I need to figure out what it is. Can you help me?"

Again, she nodded.

Elizabeth took her hand and led Liz down hallways and corners until finally, they reached a room. There was a man inside, sitting on the floor across the room. Liz tried bringing Elizabeth into the room with her, but she wouldn't budge. She released Liz's hand, running back in the direction from which they came. Liz walked into the room, and crouched beside the man.

"Hello?"

No movement.

"Can you help me?"

His face turned to her. His skin was charred completely and the burn looked fresh. He had the most evil grin on his face to match. She began backing up in fear of the man. A knife appeared in his hand as he grabbed her neck, placing her into a choke hold position. "Ready?" he said manically. Liz closed her eyes and let out a scream hoping someone would hear her.

Liz sat up, screaming as someone's arms covered her body to control and calm her down. Her eyes were closed as a few tears fell from them. She buried her head in the strangers chest, still shaking from the dream. Her legs were across the figures body as she sat up in their lap. Liz rubbed her eyes to open them, wiping away at any left over tears. She looked up at the dark figure.

"Derek?"

"Shh, it's okay," he said, rubbing her back, trying to further calm her down.

"Why are you here?" Liz asked with a trembling voice.

"I came back for a few things and saw you sleeping. I've been watching over you to make sure you were okay. I was gonna leave as soon as you woke up, but you were shaking uncontrollably then woke up screaming and crying. I couldn't just leave you like that."

"I'm glad you didn't," she said, burying her head in his chest again.

"You wanna tell me about it?"

Liz shook her head no. She knew eventually she would have to talk about it but not now. Not here. Not with Derek.