Chapter 8: Pray (The Story I Didn't Know)

Start from the beginning

"..I don't think I'm ready to give up my sleeping privilege yet beside, who would even want to turn me into demon. They'd probably regret it anyway." I joked before burying my head deep into my arms and closed my eyes.

"I will."

My head jerked up, surprised. Did the great, I-could-care-less-if-you-burn-in-hell Claude would turn me into a demon?! Just what has the world turn to?!

"Um...no thank you?"
_________________________

Frankenstein...Pride and Prejudice...Jane Eyre..

Ugh, why is all the books so..novel like?! Seriously, I need some manga, computer and TV! The whole posh, 'proper' English words are making my head dizzier than it already is! While my mind was busy bickering with each other, I didn't noticed the trembling of the wooden ladder was shaking dangerously under my foot.

And when I did, I was already half falling down the high shelf and closed my eyes for pains to come. But it didn't, something quite opposite of pain actually: something soft and cushion like feeling holding me under. I opened my eyes and saw irritated look on Claude, roughly putting me down onto my feet before scolding, "You really are rather careless."

I only let out a goofy smile which irritated him further but he cleverly chose to silently walk away rather than wasting his valuable time on scolding on my clumsiness, "Thank you by the way. For saving me."

He turned around before stoically stating his actions, "I only did what I was ordered by my master."

At my confused face, he explained further, "His exact words were: 'Protect her so she won't forget me.' I only did what I was expected to do as the butler of the Trancy Household." With that, he proceed to the path.

"Even so, thank you. Order or not, I'm still grateful." There was a stilled movement in Claude's walk but he quickly recovered and slammed the door closed.
_________________________
"Cough! Cough!" Was it because I wasn't sleeping well or eating well, it seemed I got a cold even though it was in middle of January but then again, UK weather was something unpredictable and the month was still considered to be cold.

I moved away my head every time I cough away from Alois' direction as I changed his bandaged for the third time this day, sipping some water while wiping away some sweat that managed to form in my forehead. Maybe, if I just rested my head little bit I should get better... Burying my head deeply, I closed my eyes for one second.

A gentle hand... careless my hair I noticed, something or someone was standing beside me. Then I felt myself being lifted and tucked into the familiar mattress, I snuggled into my blanket deeper. It was good to be back in the bed..then the two strong arms retreated, in almost instinct my hand grabbed onto that person's, squeezing tighter.

It was warm. And comforting. It reminded my mum when I was sick how she would look after me-

I immediately jerked up, loosing my balance at the sudden action and looked around my surroundings. I knew it was my room, then my eyes wondered back to my hand that was grabbing onto someone else's, following the lines that lead up to a really angry looking Claude.

As soon as I woke up, he snatched his hand away from mine, rubbing it as if something dirty sustained his hands and stood up from the bed he was sitting on while I had literally passed out from fatigue.

"How long—?"

"4 hours." He annoyingly told, picking up a damp towel that had fallen from my forehead to my knee from my earlier actions.

I noticed in the side of the bed, on the desk draws were bowls of water and cloth. Had he been looking after me? No, probably Hannah had. Quickly getting up I head toward the door until a hand caught my wrist.