Marcus gave me an unreadable look before he limped his way out. I started yelling at him, swearing my head off and alternating between Spanish to English as I watched him limp away. He turned once to look at me with a blank look before turning his back on me. I stared at the direction he disappeared from, I was quivering with so much anger.

I was shaking with so much fury stored in my body and I was coiled tightly. I had never felt so much anger and dissatisfaction in my life before. I felt betrayed, I felt scared and all of these emotions were swirling inside me like a blender. Muttering Spanish curses under my breath, I tried to calm down.

I really tried to calm down.

I raised a hand to cover part of my face as reality crashed into me like a sledgehammer to my gut. What have we done? My heart squeezed heavily and my throat started to constrict as I tried hard not to cry. I wasn’t crying about the kiss, I didn’t really care about it. All I cared at the moment was that we’d be in trouble for that fight.

Henry will find out.

My team might be disbanded.

No.

I let out a sob.

No. No. No. No. No. No.

‘Ally!’ I heard both boys call out to me and I felt myself pressed between two bodies. I closed my eyes hard as I tried not to cry, feeling my heart clench tightly in pain and then I felt myself being passed over so feeling shocked, I opened my eyes to see Blake retreating from the group hug. He looked at me with pain in his eyes as he took a few steps back.

I reached a hand out towards him, wanting him to hug me but then he shook his head at me. His eyes were wet with unshed tears and he gave me a quivering watery smile. ‘No, I’m sorry Ally. I’d better go,’ he told me quickly before he left me. I watched him in silence and watched him run away from me.

My heart squeezed in pain.

Why is he leaving me? I thought he loved me.

No-

I felt myself being pulled into an embrace of a warm, strong yet familiar body and I automatically wrapped my arms around Mitchie’s waist as tightly as I could. I felt his chin resting on my head and I heard him sigh heavily. ‘And I thought Henry’s idea was palpable,’ I whispered to him quietly. ‘What am I supposed to do Mitchie? I don’t want my softball team to be disbanded.’

He held me in his arms for a moment, letting me compose myself again before he squeezed me lightly and lets me go to look at me with a stern look on his face. His strong hands held the sides of my face as he used his thumbs to rub the stray tears that had fallen just now. His dark eyes looked stormy as they roamed around my face-trying to read the emotions underneath.

‘It’s going to be fine okay? We can go talk to Henry and see what he says; we tell him that we did our best. It’s not that we didn’t,’ he said to me, trying to give me comfort.

My heart broke again. I looked at him with little conviction.

‘Trust me.’

I sighed. He always had to use those two words on me. He knew I trusted him more than my own life. He knew I’d do anything for him. I nodded at him which he answered with a small smile and let him grip my hand gently before he led me out of the garden of benches towards the Principal’s office.

‘Pumpkin, I’m not going to disband your team. Please don’t cry, I don’t like it when you cry,’ Henry spoke to me so softly and tenderly which made me cry even harder. I was in the Principal’s office, telling him about the fight and wailing at him not to disband the team. I was currently in Mitchie’s arms at the moment.