The Dragon's Mate: Catching Up

Disclaimer: MINE
Unknown PoV

It was dark as usual. He doubt the days will change since he was fated to spend centuries like this. He somehow embrace his fate to be cursed. He wanted to fade but unable to do so and so he wait and wait even more. Until one day, a soothing and calming voice called out to him. The voice of his mate and he practically jumped in joy but when the man said he wanted to save him. He just wish he could save the man from his trouble. He had grown weak and ill, dying even and yet he still wants to help him? That was the only thing he remember, what actually happen after that? He...somehow… forgot.

But there was something different about today, his fingers was tracing something soft? Did he fade away already? He did not even have the chance to thank his mate for helping him. He panicked at the soft noises and sensation of touch he suddenly experienced. What is this? What is that noise? He tiredly shifted his body and limbs, his muscles feel heavy and sore as he reach out to where his eyes were and rubbed them as he, silently groaning while slowly opening his tired lids. Blinking and hissing at the sudden light as his retreat automatically under the blanket, covering his eyes with both of his hands as he lay on his stomach, buried.

The sunlight wasn't strong, since he could feel the cold wind he assumed it was the season when the leaves change colours and fall from the branches. He had spent too long trapped he could no longer remember the name of the season. His eyes adjust to the dark, still tired, of course. He went for centuries without opening them.

Slowly, he peeked from his sanctuary which consist of the thick fur blanket and look outside. His heart flooded with fluttering light feelings, it was undescribed as he reach his hand out towards the beautiful and breath-taking scenery outside. It was far but the gentle sunlight hit his pale skin with a warm glow. His heart clench it's self as if it will burst due to the emotions he was feeling.

After a few hours or what he guessed he push the fur blanket and walk towards what he expect was the balcony. He stayed hidden behind one of the ivy roman pillars that was there to support the large beam between the room and the balcony, in fear someone will notice him and take him away from this heaven. His legs was trembling slightly, how long as it been since he last walked? It ache and scream in pain but he did not care with the beauty outside. The dim sunlight caress his face as he shivered and feel his soul slowly healed itself like the cold biting wind of autumn. Nature, sun light, plants and living beings after centuries of darkness. He whimpered slightly before chocking and bite his lower lips to avoid himself from crying before bringing his hand to wipe his tears away only to fail. He covered his face with his hands and keep on wiping it with the sleeve of his tunic before he gave up and started to cry silently. He didn't know why he cried but it helped him, for once he could feel the heavy weight slowly lifted itself. When he notice that he was clothed as well.

He stare at the scenery without blinking, most of his weariness fade away slowly, carried away with the flow of water from the waterfall and rivers on his left side. Strong trees still grows on each side and he assumed the house was connected to the cliff. Shifting his vision to the river beds, he noticed there are small fishes, some cockles and even mini aquatic plants despite the shallow water. The rocks covered with moss while some of the trees began shifting colours from green to golden, pumpkin orange, or cherry red. He sighed happily, if this is heaven he refuse to wake up.

So the noise he heard earlier was the rustling of the leaves on tree that caused by the wind. He back away from the pillar and sat on the bed, caught off guard when he bounced backwards and yelped quietly before he twist his body and gripped the mattress to hold himself still. His soft white hair was messy now, covering most of his face as he lay on his stomach. Revealing a beautiful shades of gold, apple, grass and emerald iridescent green.