Nothing's Ever Easy ~Chapter 27

Começar do início

“Okay fine, I’ll buzz you in. Wait for me at the door.” I nodded and drove in when the gates opened.

I put my car in park next to a gorgeous black BMW. I whistled as I got out of the car. I noticed Evelyn com ing towards me and I stepped back, turning my attention away from the car.

“i can honestly tell you that I don’t knowing whether he’ll be happy or angry to see you here.” She said as soon as she reached me. “He might be a bit…surprised.”

“Yea, let’s leave it at surprised.” i said and that in turn ended the conversation.

When we got inside I was taken aback at the the beauty of the house. Whoever decorated it did an excellent job.

I heard people laughing and I looked to Evelyn. “We have friends over.” I nodded in understanding.

She led me towards the lounge and I saw quite a few people filling up the area. They were playing some game that I didn’t recognise. At my entry, a few people looked up at me.

“Who is this gorgeous hunk of a guy?” A girl with long brunette hair tied back in a pony tail asked.

Travis looked up when she asked this. He moved his piece by accident and was kicked out of the game.

“Hey Travis.” I said sheepishly.

He got up and came to stand in front of me. “What are you doing here?”

“I’m trying to make things right.” I rubbed the back of my neck. “Can we talk somewhere?”

“He looked to the group then back at me and nodded. “We can go upstairs to my room.”

There were a few catcalls as Travis escorted me up the stairs. We said nothing to each other as we walked and I was immensely thankful for that.

I was led into a room that showed so much more of Travis’ personality than his old room. Travis closed the door after he came inside.

“So what did you want to talk about?” He asked sitting on the bed while he gestured for me to sit on the seat at his desk.

“I’m really hoping that nothing fucks this up this time because that would suck.” I started. “I was mistaken and jumped to conclusions, Travis. I need to know, do you still love me?”

“I hardly see how a few short weeks would change my feelings for you.” He shrugged. I gave him a questioning look. “Yes Landon, I still love you.”

“Okay, I’m honestly not expecting anything, I though it’d be good to let you know. Travis, I love you too.”

“What?” At Travis’ expression I remembered that I had never told him before.

“I love you too.” I whispered.

Travis said nothing and stared at me with his jaw hanging slack. He stared at me and I was starting to feel a bit awkward.

“Travis? Are you okay?” I asked him.

He nodded slowly. “I’m trying to process what you just said.” I nodded and gave him as much time to get used to this as I could. Luckily, it didn’t take too long. 

Tears started streaming down Travis’ cheeks and I started panicking. “Fuck, Travis? I’m sorry okay. Please don’t cry.”

“Only you would say sorry for my reaction” He chuckled. “I’m okay. I just never thought I’d ever hear you say that.”

I stood up and gestured for him to do the same. I pulled him to me and let his head rest on my chest. It felt so good to have him close to me like this again. I didn’t know how much I’d missed this until now. I held him closer and tighter, never wanting to let him go.