Nothing's Ever Easy ~Chapter 13

Well hello there. Here we go with Chapter 13! :D 

Sorry for the delay. I had some technical difficulties. (My laptop was gone for repairs and I was lazy)

Introducing Brock! Well, who he'll be portrayed by. The gorgeous, insanely and ridiculously amazing Jesse Williams!

The video link is 'Heaven Can Wait' by We The Kings because it's an awesome song

ENJOOOOOOOY!

Comment, Like, Vote, etc.

~Travis~

I was about to grab my bag and head out the door to school when my phone started ringing. I pulled it out of my pocket and frowned when I saw Claire’s name flashing on the screen.

“Hey, Claire.” I had been avoiding them all week. And by them, I meant anyone that was in contact with Landon.

“Travis would you like to tell me why the police are here saying that my brother’s under arrest?” she sounded angry yet confused at the same time.

“I assumed he told you.” I said softly.

“He did, but Travis-you obviously can’t believe that’s it true right? I mean, he’s your boyfriend after all.” She said disbelievingly.

“Ex-boyfriend, emphasis on ex.” I said quickly. “I don’t know what to believe, Claire. He didn’t answer me when I confronted him.”

I winced at the memory. It felt like someone struck a knife through my heart and twisted in a million times before repeating the same process, but with my back.

“What did you expect him to say? You wouldn’t have believed him either way. He loved you, did you know that? He fucking loved you!” she yelled at me.

My eyes widened. “He didn’t act like someone who was in love. Much less with me.”

“Fix this, Travis.”

“I can’t.” I sighed.

“Why the hell not?” she questioned.

“I wasn’t the one who called the police. And it’s too late now, unless Evelyn retracts her statement and decides not to press charges, I can’t do anything.” I shook my head. “She’s my sister, Claire.”

“And he’s my brother.” She retorted. “We’re not going to go down without a fight. You have no proof that he did this.”

“I’ll fight to the death for my family, Claire. You must understand-” I started.

“So then it’s settled. It was a…pleasure talking to you, Travis.” She spat my name out like it was some kind of disease.

I closed my eyes as I heard the beeping sound in my ear. Great, an enemy was not what I wanted to make today.

I slammed the door when I left. I flinched at the harsh sound it made. I took long and quick strides down the road in the hopes of getting to school earlier. I was thankful that Evelyn was still at the hospital. At least I was sure that she was safe there. I didn’t want her to come in that state to an environment that would make what happened to her even worse than what it already was.

I let out a deep breath as I entered the double doors of the school. People looked at me and curled their lips in disgust but I was completely used to it. My uncle looked at me like that every day. Their looks meant absolutely nothing to me.