I Don't Love You

They walked and talked for a while, but they had the feeling that someone was following them. Diamond had heard some extra footsteps from behind the crowd, she also heard some shuffling in the forest leaves. 

"Hey guys," she said worriedly, "Did you hear that?" Then, she turned around. 

Frank turned to look at her, "Hear what?" 

"I heard someone following us," she said, "I heard shuffling from the forest."

"Well," Bob looked at her, "Let's go see if anyone's there."

Bob walked towards the forest. 

"Hey!" he said loudly, "If abyone is hiding there, you better show yourself now."

Then, they heard some shuffling in the bushes. 

Frank walked up behimd Bob and said, "Hey, man, we're not fucking around. 

The shuffling continued, and Diamond had walked up between Frank and Bob.

"We aren't going to hurt you if that's what you're afraid of."

The shufflin stopped, and a man had rose up from where he was crouching down. He was a tall guy with the same black parade jacket that the other men wore, but his was much more torn and frayed. He had short, brown hair, brown eyes, and a goatee. He had small hooped earings on both ear lobes that were silver and shined in the bright sun. He looked famished, and tired.

"Oh my fucking God!" Gerard yelled, "It's you!"

The man looked at Gerard and smiled, "G-Gerard?"

"Yeah, man, it's me!" Gerard smiled, "Oh my God, Matt, how long have you been out here?" 

"A long time," he smiled, "I look like shit and I feel like shit, but it's better than staying in that damned parade." 

"Well, you're in luck," Gerard smirked, "You can come with us to the divide and we'll cross altogether." 

Then, Matt walked up to Gerard and Gerard put his arm around his neck. They started to catch up as the rest of they walked with the rest of the group. 

__________________________________________________________

All this time, Diamond looked at Matt with some suspicion. When it started to grow dark, they headed for the trees and started a camp.

"I feel like we're goin no where fast," Frank stated as he sat on the dirty forest ground. 

"Well," Diamond smiled as they made eye contact, "It's all going to be worth it at the end, when we leave this God-forsaken place."

 He smiled at her and then, the subject was dropped. 

"Hey, Matt, you never did tell us how you've survived all this time," Diamond asked, "Y'know, alone with no one."

Matt looked at her and smirked, "The day that I left the parade was the best choice I've ever had, the days after that, I sort of lived off of the forest y'know. I met this group of people that weren't part of the parade, but never made it to the the other side, so I stayed with them. They were the best group of people I had met, and somehow, the other paraders saw us and we got seperated, I haven't them since that day. It wasn't too long ago."

Diamond looked at him for a moment, feeling sorry for what had happened. She wondered what had become of the group of people that helped Matt survive. She stood up so that she can walk over to Matt. Then, she put her hand on one of his shoulders, looked him in the eyes, and sighed. 

"So," Diamond said as she turned around to face the rest of the group, "How long do you guys think until we make it to the divide before the parade gets to us?" 

______________________________________________________

AUTHOR'S NOTE: 

It's been a while, guys! I'll catch you on the flippity flip!

-xoR