Dead!

She started to walk backwards, away from the five men.

She felt a slight tugging on her heart, the same feeling she had felt whilst seeing Ghoul cry. She didn't know why, though. She couldn't think of a reason why she would be crying, other than the fact that she was dead. Although, Diamond was never one to be afraid of death. She only feared what would come after. 

"Wait, where are you going?" said one of the girls that stood behind her with a slight smile. 

"I'm leaving," Diamond answered as she tried to get pass the girls. 

"Woah," one of the girls started to say as her slight smile faded, "You can't leave that easily."

"The fun just started," said the other, "Besides, we're already behind schedule."

Just then, the woman with the coarse, blonde hair walked by.

"Now, Fear and Regret," She said, "That's no way to treat our guest." 

"Who are you?" Diamond asked.

"I am Mother War," she answered, "These two girls are Fear and Regret."

Diamond stood there in silence for a while. She stood there unable to move for a few seconds. Diamond wasn't sure whether or not she should trust anyone. After all, if she really was "dead" where is the heaven she had been looking forward to? 

"Where are you bringing me?" She asked. 

"Well," Mother War started, "Where you belong."

"Where is 'where I belong'?" Diamond asked uneasily. 

"It really depends on who you are," Mother War smiled, "Most of the people you see around you are souls conformed to eternal damnation, ones who are forced to see other people's happy memories, not knowing their passed lives. Spending the rest of eternity helping others cross to the other side." 

"Will I become one of them?" She asked as her eyes filled with hot tears.

"Of course not," Mother War answered, "Most of them cannot feel anymore... Including me." 

Diamond stood, unable to move, feeling her heart sink to her feet. She knew that she was in hell, or at least some kind of "in-between". It was obvious. This facade, and emptiness with all these damned souls around her. They guide her to the other side, over the in-between, forever not knowing the lives they had left behind. These souls cannot be helped, no matter how hard anyone tried. Though, she would be going to "heaven", she still didn't to leave her life. She was willing to fight to gain her life back. No matter how hard it would be. 

She turned around, facing the band, and smiled. 

"Maybe it is better if I stayed..." She lied. 

The band smiled and the man behind the drums had banged on the drums ordering the parade to go on. Diamond made her way next to Frank and sat on the side of the float, letting her legs dangle off the side of it... Waiting for the time she could slip away into the crowd. In the meantime, however, she held back tears. 

________________________________________________________

Author's Note:

Another short chapter! 

Sorry! 

I though I'd post another to make up for the other short one xD 

-xoR