Mental

Your POV

I felt my heart raced. Oh no... Dustin was gonna know.

"What's he talking about, Y/n?" Dustin said looking me over, my eyes darted away from his. I looked all around the room. "Hello?" He said waving his hand in front of my face.

"Um..." I hummed. I began to fiddle with my fingers. Why was I so nervous? Dustin was a sweet guy, I'm sure he would be fine. His face showed no relief, he just sat there waiting for me to say something. "Promise me you won't be mad?"

"Why would I be mad?" He said looking concerned.

"Promise?" I replied still pushing.

"Yeah, okay. I promise. Now, will you tell me!" I took a deep breath and tried to speak.

"At the police station, while I was talking to Troy and his mother... We had a problem."

"What kind of problem?" He asked looking deep in my eyes. I couldn't do it! I couldn't tell him! Not now, not after everything Troy put him through. This wasn't the time to tell him that Troy did, what he did.

"Well, the problem happened before we even got there."Man, I was bad at lying. Especially to Dustin, come to think of it... I'd never really had to lie to him. That made this all the more painful. "We got in a car accident!" I blurted, "Right Hopper?"

"Um, yeah." He started.

"Are you okay? What happened?" Dustin said cutting him off.

"I'm okay, we're okay. I promise..."

"What did you mean by 'twice in one day'," Dustin asked looking at Hopper then glancing back at me.

"You know, uh... Two accidents in one day." He laughed nervously, "Abstinence is key! Don't do drugs! Never mind, I'm drunk!" He finished before practically running out of the room.

"What the hell just happened?" Dustin laughed. I shrugged my shoulders and laughed along with him. After a few moments of silence, he looked back at me. "So, that was a bit of a mood killer."

"Mouthbreather," I said playfully nudging him with my shoulder.

"So..."

"So what?" I laughed.

"Do you wanna finish?" He smirked.

"You're unbelievable!" I smiled. He began to laugh at me and pulled me in for a hug. I sat there in his arms, my back against his chest and his chin on my shoulder. He had his arms wrapped around me. Hugging me tight from behind. I looked back at him and smiled, "I love you, Dustin."

"Mental." He whispered with a smile. He quickly leaned in and gently kissed my cheek. 

A/N: Hello, my beautiful people! So this was kind of a chapter filler because what the hell. You guys deserve it! You deserved a little puppy love. Lol, anyway I'm gonna post again soon! I love you all, and I hope you enjoyed this chapter.