Chapter 6: Heading Out

Another frustrating day for Inazuma Japan. A lot has happened and no one has been harmed. But that won't solve their hunger. Yes, it has been a while and they're already out of food and supplies. It seems like the last groceries that the managers did before the outbreak happened are gone. It's all on their stomach.

Their quarters are getting really small, considering that they've been there for a while. Every single corner of it is too familiar to them that they got bored of it. But they can't just go outside like it was nothing. Until then, their stomach are grumbling like a wild bear roaring to find its prey. What could they possibly do to ease this arising situation?

"I've made a decision.", Endou said, making them look at him. "I'm going out." He said as if it was nothing.

"What?! Endou, you can't go alone!" Natsumi suddenly blurted out.

"I have to. We all need it." He stood up from the chair with his bangs covering his eyes.

"Well, at least bring two to three people with you!" Natsumi shouted again.

"...I'll go." Gouenji said voluntarily.

"...Me too." Kidou followed.

"...And us too." Fubuki and Hiroto said in unison.

"Yeah, it seems like a good opportunity to find out what's happening outside. I mean, it's almost a month! For sure something has happened." Hiroto said with a smile.

Endou nodded, fine by them tagging along. The rest of the team is staying here with the managers. The five started to pack some things suitable to protect themselves. They all stood to the doorway and took some deep breaths.

"This is it." Fubuki suddenly said.

"Yeah." Gouenji agreed.

"Be careful, you guys..." Aki said worriedly. And Endou nodded.

"We will." Hiroto said assuringly.

And that's when they unbarricaded the door. Kidou slowly opened the door making sure that no infected are around the vicinity. They continued running outside, quietly as they can. They hid at an alleyway first before continuing.

"It's all foggy." Kidou commented.

"It's really hard to see. So we should keep our guards up." Gouenji said as they brought out there weapons. Gouenji took a peek to the road to make sure if the coast is clear. Luckily, it is. They ran at the pathwalk, not wanting to attract any infected. They reached a market, suitable for the things they need. They entered it quietly. Hiroto took a step forward but Fubuki stopped him.

"Hiroto, we should check around first." Fubuki said in a whisper tone. Hiroto nodded and they both checked every isle.

"Clear." Hiroto said to the others.

They all started to get the things that they need. Canned goods, water, and some weapons. Endou looked for the appliances section. And he saw something that caught his eye. It's something used for emergencies that produces a loud sound when it's activated. He considered it as helpful and decided to keep one on his pocket. Gouenji found an axe laying on the ground. He grabbed it and he put it inside his backpack. Kidou got himself some swiss knife which is kind of old and rusty but helpful anyway. As for Hiroto, he looked for something that can suffice the team. And that's when he saw a magazine. It was new. And it tackled about the current events about the infected. He took it and put it inside his bag and that's when he found a trail of blood.