As Haley started to back away I felt my heart break. Just seeing her so hurt, hurt me. I knew my mom was in the woods but I didn't think she would tear my mate off me. That pissed me off because I wanted my mate. She's all I want, all I need. Now that's all ruined and I don't know if this can be fixed. Once Haley started running I tugged on her arm, needing to explain.

"Please, just listen,?" I begged and tried to push my tears away.

"No," she said and I felt my heart start to break. "You didn't tell me some very important information that concerns my family and yours. What kind of mate does that? I would have never kept that from you." I heard my mom gasp, finally realizing who she was to me. When she ripped her arm out of my grasp I could feel my whole heart break, I just lost the one girl that meant a lot to me and that's all because I didn't tell her who my dad is, was. I watched as she ran and tears started falling from my face. I wiped them then looked at my mom who looked shocked still.

"Jake, I-" she started but I didn't want to hear it.

"Don't!" I yelled and saw her jump back. "Just don't. If you hadn't ripped my mate away from me this wouldn't have happened! I was planning on telling her but then you showed up! You know that I would never have brought anyone here unless she was my mate! You knew that. You and I made a promise that only people that meant a lot were to be able to come here." I sat against a boulder near the waterfall and put my head in my hands and cried.

"I didn't know," I heard my mom whisper.

"Yeah? And look what happened because you 'didn't know'! I just lost my mate!" I yelled, while pointing in the direction my beautiful, amazing mate ran.

"You would have lost her either way, Jake," my mom said, standing up to me.

"No. You showed up right when I was going to tell her about what my 'father' had done," I said and she nodded.

"It wouldn't have made a difference. She's hurt! I was too when I found out your father didn't even love me and that he loved another she wolf! Because of what her parents told her it wouldn't have made a difference!"

"Maybe, maybe not! But I needed to tell her by myself instead of her finding out like that," I said the last words in such a heartbroken way that tears were brought to my eyes again and I wasn't stopping them. I felt my pain and her pain mixed together and my wolf was going crazy because he wants me to chase after her.

"Just give it some time," my mom said and sat next to me. "She won't be able to resist you after a while. Sooner or later she will need to talk to you. Just give it time, baby." My mom wiped my eyes and I leaned into her and started crying like a baby but I knew she didn't care. I was her baby boy and I was hurt and all she cared about was comforting me. I know most guys won't act like I am but I don't care. The girl that I'm falling in love with just left and I don't like the feeling of losing someone that means a lot to me.

"It's gonna be okay, baby boy. She will come back to you. I believe she will," she said, stroking my hair. "Either that or one of her family members will...they are crazy people. I remember her grandfather. He was the sweetest man ever. He told me that my mate was nothing and that he would never be a good father. He was the only one that knew I was pregnant. I guess he just had that sense that I was upset and so I told him everything. Still today we keep in touch and now...I'm sure he will understand why you hadn't told her. Her grandfather was the most understanding man I had ever met. Anything I needed he helped me with-"

"That's it, Mom!" I said and jumped up, getting a great idea. "He can help me! Maybe he can say something to Haley to make her come back to me. Mom, can you help me get in contact with him?"

"Of course," she said and we ran to our house. It was near the clearing but in a safer part that was a lot nicer than the woods. We called him instantly and started going over plans to get my mate back. Surprisingly, he was all for helping us and I'm so thankful. I don't know how long I can take not seeing my mate or talking to her. I'm going to owe this man a lot.

__________________________________________________________________________________

- :)