"I promise after practice that I will explain it all to you but right now...I just don't want to," I told him and he nodded even though he didn't want to.

"I'll wait until practice is over but when it is...no leaving anything out. I want the whole explanation. Every detail," he said and I nodded then ran into the gym where everyone was waiting. We began running and doing warm up drills and it was helping me keep my mind off things. I was smiling and laughing and just having a good time with my friends that Jake didn't even cross my mind. Maybe forgetting he was my mate would work afterall. The one thing I was dreading was telling Brayden about what happened. I just know he is going to flip out and want to kick Jake's a$$ and I know I don't want that even though he hurt me.

"Now spill," Brayden said as we sat in the parking lot. I stayed quiet but the tears started falling and I just let them while my brother, the closest person in my life, held me.

"Don't get mad. Promise me you won't," I said and he reluctantly nodded. "Jake-"

"I knew he had something to do with it!" he yelled and stood up and started pacing.

"Brayden! Sit down and listen!" I yelled and he looked shocked. I have never yelled at him and meant it. "Just sit so I can explain."

"Fine," he said and I took a deep breath.

"Jake's dad is Marcos," I said and my brother gritted his teeth. "He didn't tell me but I found out when I saw his mom. Jake took me to the woods and I hated it because of what Mom and Dad had told us about that place but when we reached this clearing, I fell in love with it. It was so beautiful. So we kissed and his mom broke us apart then it all went downhill from there. So that's why you were feeling my emotions." I looked at my brother to see how he was going to react but he just sat there staring at the sky.

"Hales, I'm so sorry," he said and hugged me tightly. "I can't imagine what you are going through since I haven't found my mate. So he definitely knew that our parents killed his dad?"

"Yeah," I said and curled up next to him. "My heart hurts, Brayden." I grabbed my chest and started crying into him again, pouring all my feelings out while he just held me and let me cry. After a while we went home and our parents bombarded us, well me, with questions that I didn't want to answer.

"Just leave her alone!" Brayden yelled and our parents went stalk still with shock. "She will talk to you when she wants to." They just watched us walk up the stairs with shocked faces. I was too tired to bother talking to them or even to think about what I was going to tell them.

"Will you lay with me, Bray?" I said and he nodded, getting under the covers with me. He pulled me into his chest and I fell asleep, dreaming of nothing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jake's p.o.v

The look on Haley's face said it all, I broke her heart. I hurt her by not telling her what I knew but I just couldn't. My dad was a cruel bastard for what he did to her family. Even though he was my mom's mate, all the stories she told me about him made me angry that he was my dad. In a way I'm glad he isn't alive, so I wouldn't be pressured to be like him but I wonder if he even knew I was going to be born, that my mother was pregnant with me.