Chapter 9

Melissa's POV
After I explained all that happened to Gen, she was pretty impressed. 
"Seems like Zayn and Niall are into you," she said.
"I hope not. I can't choose between any of them,"I told her.

"So tell me, what happened between you and Andy when you guys walked back?"

Gen's POV (flashback)
Andy and I walked down the hallway towards the elevator. I coudn't help but stare at him. He's so cute.
"So, do you have any idea what element you'd like to have?"
"Huh, oh no I still don’t know. I hope it’s cool though.” I answered.
“All elements are cool; you just need to learn to master them. Let me show you.”

He opened his hand and a little flame appeared on it. He threw it between both hands and two more flames appeared. He started juggling with them and suddenly he threw one at me. I either dodge it or catch it and me being the stupid person I am, tried catching it. I caught it but, surprisingly, it didn’t burn. I stared wide-eyed at Andy and he just chuckled and the flame disappeared.

“See?” He said.
 “That was cool.”I said between giggles.

Gen’s POV (present)
“That was pretty much it.” I told Mel. That wasn’t it but she didn’t need to know the rest. The truth is that the mark forming on my wrist was exactly like Andy’s. I just want things to go slow with Andy.

“Well okay then,” She said. I can tell she didn’t believe me but if I’m lucky, she won’t push it.

“I’m gonna go put my pijamas on,” I told her and left to the restroom. I just need to think about this. Maybe my mark isn’t done yet. Maybe it’s missing more detail. It’s probably unhealthy to try and convince myself but what if Andy doesn’t like me back? What if he doesn’t feel the same? I should stop worrying and talk to Mel. She could give me advice.

I walked out of the restroom and walked over to Mel. “Hey, we need to talk,” I got really serious and so did she. “About?” “Well, you remember the mark I have on my wrist, Andy has the same exact one and I think we could be mates. Should I tell him? Or should I wait a little longer? I don’t know what to do and I’m so frustrated!” I spilled my guts to her and at the end I just let the tears fall because I’m just so worried.

Melissa’s POV
Wow. I was stunned. I didn’t actually think they could be mates but then again I’m kind of stupid. I have mixed feelings right now. I’m sad that Gen is worried about stupid shit. But then again I’m happy because they found each other and this is just so romantic.

“Don’t cry baby, shh, there, there,” I said trying to comfort. I was hugging her and patting her back.

“Okay, look at me. If Andy is truly your mate, he will love you no matter what. Just stop worrying. He will love you. I think you should talk to him. Show him your mark so you can make sure what you think is true okay?” I told her. She nodded her head and laid back down on her bed.

“Good-night,” She told me. “Night,” I answered back.
We’ve only been here at the academy what? Maybe less than two weeks and Gen already found her mate and sooner or later she’ll find her element. I guess I’m jealous of her. Sigh. I wish I could find my one true love. Soon I fell into another one of those beautiful dreams I have with my soul-mate.