I'm just so thrilled that the vampires will die...or come back to the Dominion Plane. Either way, it works out for us in that regard. I wonder what Keegan would think if they all of a sudden appeared in Hell. I wonder what punishment is waiting for them as they run and hide like the cowards they are.

That wouldn't be up for Keegan to decide...after all, he's just a place holder for Lucifer. I'm sure though, that he'd personally thank Icarus for his miraculous discovery and the potential outcome of the vampires either staying on Earth and dying or running back to where they escaped from.

Eh, either way, it'll be quite entertaining!

Icarus set down the vial in the holder, taking off his gloves after capping the open tub. Whitney took a seat across from Icarus and called out casually, "Aren't you going to celebrate with Icarus' success, Damon?"

"Yea, actually I wanted to take a closer look at the virus myself," Damon's demeanor changed drastically as he walked up the stairs, taking his time until he reached the top landing and made his way to the lab table. He took a seat on the bench next to Whitney, directly across from Icarus as they all stared at the foreboding liquid that will change the course of history. Damon eyed it and asked, "This will really kill the vampires?"

"If my calculations are correct...yes," Icarus nodded and closed his lab notebook, placing it on the bench beside him.

Damon asked quizzically, "And, exactly how is this virus going to spread from one vampire to the next?"

"Easily, it'll spread through bodily fluids and since they love to always be around one another and strengthening their numbers, it'll spread quite fast," Icarus was very proud of his work, Whitney shaking his head at his statement.

"How long will it take to incubate?" Whitney also questioned, wanting to know much more as well than what meets the eye through the vial.

Icarus sighed and thought about it for a second, retracing his notes as he calculated something in his lab notebook, "It should take about twenty-four hours from the initial contact before symptoms start showing of infection. Once the symptoms are visible, it'll only be a matter of a few hours before the infected die."

"How exactly is this going to kill the vampires?" Damon question, motioning as he did to the VV1-I vial.

"Have you heard of apoptosis?" Icarus asked and Damon immediately nodded while Whitney shook his head as a signal that he knew absolutely nothing of what he was referring to. Icarus continued to explain, "I devised this based on the hunters' blood magic ability, using cells as suicide bombers. Once the virus enters into their bloodstream, it'll start to infect every last blood cell until it can no longer survive, and it bursts. Once the first cell bursts, it triggers a massive chain effect through their bloodstream and sets off the rest of the cells. They'll bleed out quicker than their bodies can regenerate and thus, killing them with a hunter's weapon in a lethal form which can't be controlled by another hunter."

"Oh, and why is that?" Damon was curious about the last sentence, prying further into Icarus' research.

Whitney nodded and added, "I'm curious as well. Won't hunters who align with the vampires just simply stop the bleeding by controlling the blood and fixing their cells?"

"No," Icarus stood from the lab bench and scanned the pages of his lab book before turning it around as he read what was on the page while they followed along, "I've infused it with Lovenox, a blood thinner which will halt the hunters' abilities to control it. It's not full proof and that's why it needs to be tested, but I have a feeling, this will work sufficiently."

"You've thought of everything," Damon murmurs while another voice sounds from the door that none of the humans had notice slide open minutes before Icarus had begun his discussion.

Lilith smiled and clapped her hands together, "Wonderful Mr. Rewan! I can't believe the progress you have made! I've asked Ayanna to bring the three lures and hopefully, we'll catch us a vampire or two to try this out on and maybe a hunter might work to test the other theory to your active virus."

Icarus smiled once again and replied, "Thank you, Lilith. I'm happy to have been able to aid this research facility."

"Yes, you have," Lilith eyed Damon whose muscles had stiffened the moment her voice had carried out across and up to the second level of the room. She parted her lips and asked, "Mr. Galver, what a very unexpected time for you to return from your personal business right as Mr. Rewan has completed his project. Would you be of assistance with the lures tonight and keep an eye on them? Take a gun or two with undiluted silver rounds just in case things go south?"

Damon looked a bit angry at her comment, but he stood from his bench and replied, "Of course, I'd be happy to keep the lovely ladies safe."

"And here they are!" Ayanna cheerfully brought forth three women who were beyond gorgeous...I mean...nothing comes close to Isis now, but in comparison to the humans, they had an unearthly beauty to them.

"Wonderful," Lilith turned to the women and acknowledged them, "Athena, please scour the north part of the city. Hikari, take to the south part of the city and Elizabeth, please stick with Mr. Galver as you're a bit newer to luring out the vampires while staying safe at the same time."

Damon took his steps slowly down the stairs, reaching the bottom landing just as Lilith finished. He shook his head and asked, "Won't she just get hurt?"

"I hope not, with someone as strong as you, Mr. Galver, keeping her safe on her second lure," something dangerous shone in Lilith's eyes and it was enough to make Damon shift uneasily as he gathered his backpack and nodded without another word.

Lilith spoke to Whitney and Icarus, "Thank you, gentlemen, we'll see you shortly in the testing lab."

With that, Lilith, Damon and the lures left without another word, Ayanna slowly approaching the stairs and taking them two at a time. Once she reached the top landing, she brought up the only question I wanted to know, "Is there a cure for it?"

"No..." Icarus shook his head, "why make a cure? Then they'll be able to save themselves."

"Leverage!" Ayanna exclaimed.

"For what?" Icarus arched a brow and Whitney was also curious at her sudden enthusiasm.

Ayanna grinned, "Here's why."

Published on Amazon as an ebook and paperback.

To Seduce an Angel by K. A. Young.

If you don't have a Kindle and can't purchase the book off Amazon, you are more than welcome to join my Patreon page and receive downloadable PDFs under the Pack Tracker Tier.

Please click on the link on my bio.

https://www.patreon.com/SerenityR0se