Six

Cody

  At the nearest playground, I was sitting on a wooden step while Alex and Rian argued about who was hotter: Cassadee or Lisa. Honestly, I couldn't have cared less. I wasn't attracted to either girls. Not that they weren't attractive, they just weren't my type.
  Kevin and Danny were messing around on the tire swings, trying to spin each other enough to enduce vomitting. Neither were succeeding. Yet.
  I sighed, leaning back against a pole behind me. Checking my phone for the millionth time, I mentally punched myself.

  It's bad enough you went to his house last night just to get some kind of affection from someone, just leave it alone. Don't get his hopes up. You only go near him to fuck. Last night shouldn't have happened. You've got to stop being so stupid and impulsive.

  "Yo, Cody. You okay?" I looked up at Alex, realizing that I was staring at the ground.
  "Uh, yeah. Just thinking."
  He gave me a strange look before looking behind me and making an even weirder face. I turned around to see a thin boy walking toward the playground. He had his hood up, but judging by the skinny jeans and the backpack covered with pins, I knew it was Maxx.
  "What the hell is he doing here?" Rian asked sitting up. We watched him climb up a tree and pull his camera out from his bag.

  "Weirdo." I heard Rian laugh.  Alex and I chuckled along, and I turned back to face them again. My phone buzzed in my lap and saw Maxx's name appear under 'new message.'

'

From: Maxx
  what's up?'

'From: Cody
  You stalking me now, freak?'

  'From: Maxx
  Just here to take pictures. Guarantee they won't suspect a thing if you left for little bit to fool around in your car. ;)'

'From: Cody
  Fuckin slut.'

'From: Maxx
  Rude. :( especially after you left me hanging last night. Too much to drink I assume?'

'From: Cody
  Yeah something like that.'

'From: Maxx
  It's okay, I don't mind. :)'

'From: Cody
  It won't happen again.'

'From: Maxx
  Awww, but youre super cute when your all drunk and cuddling with me for warmth. :('

  'From: Cody
  Unfortunate.'

  'From: Maxx
  So you gonna take me up on my offer or?'

  'From: Cody
  Alright alright. Go wait by my car I'll be there in five.'

'From: Maxx
  :)'

          *          *          *          *          *         

  Pulling off my shirt, I leaned over the blonde in front of me. He bit his lip and I reached down to pull up his shirt. Before I could pull it off though, he grabbed my wrist, stopping me.
  "Leave it."
  I looked at him, confused, but moved on to unbutton my jeans. He watched me, his fingers pulling at the long sleeves of his shirt. His green eyes were glossy like he was about to cry.
  "You okay?" I asked, ceasing my movements. He just shook his head, sitting up and pulling his legs up to his chest.
  "I'm sorry... This was a bad idea."
  "What d'you mean?"
  "I shouldn't have done this..." He ran a hand through his hair, looking down at his shoes.
  "Do you wanna leave?"
  "No..." He looked up at me, his green eyes pleading. I had no idea what he wanted.
  "So... What-" Suddenly, he launched forward, kissing me and pushing me against the car door roughly.  Placing my hands on his chest, I shoved him away just as I felt his tongue brush against my lips.
  "What the fuck, dude?!"
  "I-I'm sorry-"
  "Just get the fuck out of my car. Christ."
  I put my shirt on and climbed out of the car as he ran off. Sitting in the driver's seat, I rested my head on the steering wheel, hearing my phone go off next to me.

  'From: Maxx
  I'm sorry.'
  'From: Maxx
  'Please don't hate me.'

  'From: Cody
   Weekends from now on.'

  'From: Maxx
   Sure whatever.'
  'From: Maxx
    Btw denying you're gay/bi won't change who you are.'

  I rolled my eyes, putting my phone on silent before tossing it onto the passenger's seat and starting my car. Fuck him. He had no idea what he was talking about. The guy barely knew me. He had no right to tell me who I was or who I was attracted to.

  After I parked my car, I stormed into my house, angrily heating up my cold dinner.
  "Bad day?" I heard my mother ask from the kitchen table.
  "I don't want to talk about it." She gave me a sympathetic look as I took my dinner up to my room.