Five

Maxx

  I sat on the couch, scrolling through Twitter on my phone, my dad sitting beside me watching TV.

"Who was that rushing out of the house this morning?"
  "Hm?"
  "You got a boyfriend?"
  "Wh-what? No! We're just friends." I blushed, my eyes wide as he chuckled at my reaction. He knew about my sexuality and was completely okay with it.
  "Are you? Why was he in such a rush to leave?"
  "His mom wanted him home." I lied and looked back down at my phone.
  "You havin' sex with him?"
  "Dad!" He laughed as I threw a pillow at him.
  "Alright, alright. I'll drop it. Just if you are sleeping with, where a condom. I'm gonna go pick up the pizza. You want anything to drink?"
  "Uhh, Mountain Dew?"
  "Got it." He grabbed his keys before heading to the front door. "I'll be back in a few."
  "Alright. Bye."
After he left, I opened my messages, seeing Cody's name. I stared at it for a minute before pressing on it, opening our conversation, my eyes landing on the 'Freak.' he'd sent to me. I smiled at it before opening the keyboard. A loud ding rang from my phone causing me to jump. I had a new message.
  'From: Cody
  Comin over tonight actually. That cool? Probly around 10.'

My heart sank. I wanted to just let him come over, but I knew he'd leave again. Unless he was drunk. He'd have to stay the night then. Either way, he wouldn't let me get near him until after he's asleep. With a sigh, I texted him back.
'From: Maxx
  Sounds good. See you then :)'

I wiped away a tear that had formed in my eye before taking a deep breath and going upstairs to my room and grabbing one of my blankets. I took it downstairs, wrapping it around me as I held my knees to my chest. I tried to focus on the TV, but my brain was preoccupied with what could happen when Cody came. No pun intended.

          *          *          *         *          *         

  I was lying on the couch in the dark while I waited for Cody to arrive. My dad had gone to bed a little while after we'd finished eating to get some rest before his early shift the next day. He never really stuck with one job for more than three or four months and usually either worked at stores or construction sites.

  Hearing the a soft knock on the door I launched off the couch and whipped the door open. Sure enough there was a drunk, frozen Cody in front of me. I noticed his car wasn't in the driveway as I yanked him into the house. At least he didn't drive while he was like this. He pressed himself up against me. I assumed it was partly because I was warm and partly because he was horny. I giggled and pulled him upstairs to my room, locking the door behind me.
  "Your dad home?" He asked, pulling his snow-covered varsity jacket off and rubbing his arms to warm up.
  "He's asleep. Come on. It's warm under the blankets." 
  He rushed over crawling under the pile of fabric. I heard his phone vibrate and watched as he pulled it out of his pocket. I only saw 'Mom' before he locked his phone with a huff and scooted closer to me.
  "Christ, why the fuck are you so warm? It's not fair."
  Smiling, I took a chance and wrapped my arms around him, pressing my face into his cold neck. He didn't say anything even when I started kissing the pale skin on his neck and collarbones, leaving a few easy-to-hide love bites. He gripped the back of my shirt, his breathing becoming slightly labored. I was happy just to do this. He never let me face him, never let me this close to him unless he was grinding against me. I felt an icy hand slide into the back of my pants and I blushed, giving a tiny moan when he squeezed my ass. For a while, we just lied there, me kissing his neck and him just enjoying it. At one point, I noticed that his hands weren't moving anymore, and when I looked up, he was fast asleep. Chuckling, I kissed his lips before snuggling into him, my face against his chest. I fell asleep with a smile on my face, and when I woke up, he was gone.